Wireless Headphones JBL BT500 not working well with Microsoft Teams calls

I just installed my new JBL BT500 wireless headphones. They are working to listen to music, but the moment I joined a call from Microsoft Teams, the sound was terrible, as if the speaker had a very slow or noisy voice - impossible to understand. It seems that the microphone is also not being recognized.

My Windows version is 10.0.17763 Build 17763

I tried some solutions, but actually I couldn't find a specific case like mine. I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Aimara_657,

To check whether the issue is related to your Teams client or the Teams service, please go to Teams Web App to test if the same phenomenon appears. In addition, to have a better meeting quality, please use a more stable network.

As for why the microphone is not being recognized, it might not be selected in the device settings, you could click Profile image > Settings > Devices to re-select the Microphone device for team meeting.

If issue still exists, to figure out what might causes this kind of issue, I recommend you contact admin to check the call quality of the meeting in Teams admin center, the call analytics report may tell us the potential cause, to check it, admin needs to go to Users page and open your account, then scroll down to check the meeting record in Call history tab. If you have problem checking it, please capture screenshot of the report and share it with me here for further analysis.

Kind Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Aimara_657,

To check whether the issue is related to your Teams client or the Teams service, please go to Teams Web App to test if the same phenomenon appears. In addition, to have a better meeting quality, please use a more stable network.

As for why the microphone is not being recognized, it might not be selected in the device settings, you could click Profile image > Settings > Devices to re-select the Microphone device for team meeting.

If issue still exists, to figure out what might causes this kind of issue, I recommend you contact admin to check the call quality of the meeting in Teams admin center, the call analytics report may tell us the potential cause, to check it, admin needs to go to Users page and open your account, then scroll down to check the meeting record in Call history tab. If you have problem checking it, please capture screenshot of the report and share it with me here for further analysis.

Kind Regards,

Betty

Hi Betty,

Thanks a lot for your attention. I tested with Web App, and it did work there.... 

I see the problem is with audio, not mic. When I tested in Web, it used the installed device "headphone JBL TUNEBT500 Stereo". If I shifted to "headset JBL TUNEBT500 hands-free", I would have the same issue with audio (noises, impossible to understand what is said).

Coming back to the desktop app, in the option "headset hands-free" I have the noises; if I shift to "headphone stereo" I cannot hear at all (total silence, doesn't work).

These two devices that I refer to where automatically installed when I connected the JBL.

I went to the Teams admin center but it says there that I already have an admin in my company. I think I will have to open a ticket with my company administrator. Or do you have any other idea? 

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aimara_657,

From your description, maybe the issue is related to incompatibility between Teams and the JBL device, to confirm it, if condition allows, please change another audio device to test again, and view if outcome is different. Or you could plug in the audio device to Teams that doesn't have any issue, and view if issue appears again. In addition, to check if the meeting has issue or not, you could also contact admin to check call analytics, any update is appreciated, thanks for your efforts.

Kind Regards,

Betty

------------

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Betty,

Thank you again.

I am afraid this could be some incompatibility as you mention.... what will make me so sad!! I just bought this headphone to replace another one I had (not JBL) which worked perfectly with Teams.

This is working with everything else in my computer, except Teams desktop :-( 

I will go on searching for solutions. If you have any other idea, let me know. My next try will be opening a ticket with my company IT admin.

Stay safe. Regards,

Aimara

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aimara_657,

I fairly understand your concern, if other audio device works well with Teams, the issue might be related to incompatibility, based on my experience, the only method is to change audio device, you could ask admin to open a ticket for further insight, if there is update, welcome to feedback here.

Kind Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Betty!

Actually I did not open the ticket because I learned this device is not listed by my company in the recommended devices list... so they will not provide support. I searched a lot yesterday and tried other things but no solution. Will have to live with this, hoping that some day some idea or update solves this incompatibility. And the headphone is really good for everything else I do!

If possible, I will keep this post open in case someone comes with any new suggestion.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aimara_657,

Thanks for your understanding and updates, to help you further, we recommend you could post this demand to our dedicated Microsoft Teams feedback forum, to let our dedicated development team get your demand and suggestion, believe they will agree it soon, we pay high importance on customer's demand, many features are updated based on this way, your post is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Betty, I have just done that.

Have a good week!

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Dang it I have the same issue, it worked like once or twice and then just jibberish. My colleague bought the USB JBL ones and she has no issues.

Was so hoping there is a solution when I saw your post but was disappointed when I scrolled down :-(. The MS Teams Web app works fine so why can't Microsoft fix the MS Teams app or cant compatibility be fixed after the fact?

Regards

Sharon

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately I have the same issue with JBL BT500 and few applications like Webex, Zoom, Go Meeting. I can not use JBL BT500 for web meetings and I have to be tied up to computer by other wired headset. I can use it only for listening music but when an application uses also mic the voice from headset breaks and sounds very robotic unable to understand anything.

Also as I search for solution in the internet I found that there is probably an issue with Windows 10 and that particular JBL headset model using mic and speaker at the same time.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 16, 2021 Views 1,346 Applies to: