Microsoft Teams | Automation API & Accessibility Insight | Dual Monitors

Objective: Understand Accessibility behavior of MS Teams on Dual Monitor, with Monitors setup at different scales, example 100% and 125%, with 1920*1080 resolution. The tool I use is Accessibility Insight as well as I have tried to check the results with Automation API

Problem:  I understand MS Teams is a Per Monitor DPI Aware App and so is Accessibility Insight, however, .Accessibility Insight (and Windows Automation API hosted in a sample App that runs in Per Monitor DPI Aware mode) is unable to locate the MS Teams' Elements correctly when I launch Teams App in Monitor with 100% scale, which is also my Primary Monitor, and move it to the monitor with 125% scale. Both the Monitors are 14 inches to keep Monitors' Physical size variable out of the equation for now. 

When I try to locate "Search" box on Title Bar of Teams, the Bounding Rectangle I see has Left as 2935 and Top as 280. Left value of 2935, when scaled down by 1.25 to adjust the scaling factor, gives 2348 which is the same value that I get from Physical Location of Mouse when I keep the mouse at Top-Left corner of the Search box and run my sample App in System DPI Aware or DPI Unaware mode. I cannot draw any correlation related to Top value of 280.

Further, Teams responds well on single Monitor with any scale factor or resolution. 

What I Read/Understand: If I enable GDI scaling, reading Improve High DPIExperience, I do see that Accessibility Insight is able to locate the Element as it should. Further, Accessibility Insight works well on "Display Settings" itself (SystemSettings.exe process), which is also Per Monitor Aware. 

Output from sample App that runs in Per Monitor Awareness and host Automation API. If I run the App in System DPI Aware or DPI Unaware mode, the Physical Mouse Coordinate of X axis returned is 2348 which is 2935/1.25. However, Y and Top values have no correlation whatsoever, 

Questions:

Would it be a fair presumption to make that MS Teams, although is Per Monitor DPI Aware, doesn't work as it should on Dual/multi Monitors with different scale factors?

Is there anyway to get Accessibility Insight (and Automation API) to work correctly on MS Teams without changing the GDI Scaling/Overriding High DPI Scaling of MS Teams?

Is there a challenge itself with Accessibility Insight running on Electron Application? I observe similar challenge with Slack.

Hello VibhuRawat,

Thanks for your post in our forum. From your description, I did a lot of research but didn't find the official document mentioning the topic about the dual monitor support for Microsoft Teams.

Moreover, I also learned that the Accessibility Insights for Windows usually used to help developers find and fix accessibility issues in Windows apps. To help with your concerns better and further, we recommend you may post your concerns in our dedicated Github forum, the engineers there have much knowledge and recourses to handle such kind of problems, and they focus on doing related research, believe they could offer you proper suggestions to questions, we highly appreciate your understanding and support. 

Best Regards,

Jennifer 

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your response and I really appreciate your suggestion.

I will raise this question at Github Forum.

Best Regards,

Vibhu

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2021 Views 38 Applies to: