Remove deleted meetings

Hi, 

I am wondering if there is a way of removing deleted meetings altogether? 

Our school enrol new students each week so we create our scheduled meetings once a week to ensure the participant list/invited channel is updated. However, our very first week of using Teams a month ago, we created scheduled meetings for the upcoming 12 weeks. This scheduled meeting has now been cancelled, but it's still visible in the calendar as well as in the feed/activity of the team. This confuses students as they can still join cancelled meetings, so rather than joining the "new" meeting, they are joining the old meetings. 

Is there a way of removing deleted/cancelled meetings ALTOGETHER or a way of locking them/restricting access so students cannot join them? 

Many thanks 

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have a similar situation. A teacher created a meeting and invited all the students.

The teacher then deleted the meeting. I can find no Team of group called the name of the meeting so I am guessing it was not done in a channel ??? They of course have no idea.

However we are fining that students can STILL go into the meeting, as indeed can I via the https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/... link sent out. 

I have as yet not found a way of being able to do anything to block, or stop access to this meeting even as a Teams / O365 Administrator.

Our concern now is that students can get into a potentially unmonitored meeting space.

Can anyone help / have any ideas ?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We are having the same issue and the only way we can figure out how to remove the canceled meetings is thru the outlook calendar of each person that got the invite. Other wise the meeting will be visible and still can be joined which has been causing confusion for us.  

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Similar problem here. Not using a specific channel. Created a TEANS meeting in Outlook. Later deleted the meeting in Outlook. Meeting disappears from Outlook and from TEAMS calendar but the chat is still up (and empty). I can see no way to delete the chat or remove members. When I follow the TEAMS link to the meeting, it says "unscheduled meeting" but still provides a way for people to join and use the link. I want to delete it completely so there is no active TEAMS link to follow. This seems like it should be possible because I have definitely clicked on defunct TEAMS links from others that went nowhere.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried that too. it's hard to get 55 students to all cancel.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you would think some way to fix this would be added. I'm sure it's in the works as it's a problem for so many people. in the meantime I try to be very careful putting end dates or single use on the meetings. though i don't know that that removes all access

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've also had difficulty deleting teams when no longer needed. i've just started removing all the participants/members, and then adding the new ones. can be time conuming and i still don't know that it works.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey All, 

Vote for the idea that we are all desperate about in Teams UserVoice right on this UserVoice Page

Hopefully, Microsoft adds it soon. And that depends on how many people vote for the idea!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We are having the same issue...

Microsoft needs to do the following in the education setting:

When scheduling Teams Calendar events (classes): RSVP for students should be unavailable - not visible - turned off

When deleting Teams Calendar events (classes): the event should disappear from participants

Also:

Microsoft should have Mute feature auto checked (muted) on all Class Teams by default

Microsoft should have "Only Me" options set when adding a Teams Calendar event by default

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

If the Teams meeting was created in Outlook you can customise the ribbon and add the 'Don't Host Online' button. If you click this button then it will remove the teams details from the meeting. However, this does not work fully if the meeting was created in Teams. Steps to customise the ribbon are below

1) Create a blank meeting request or appointment

2) Right Click on the Ribbon and then select Customise Ribbon

3) Highlight Appointment at the top, and then click New Group, then click Rename and give the group a name

4) on the left hand drop down (choose commands from) select All Commands

5) Scroll down until you find Don't host online (if there are two select the second one)

6) Click on 'Add'

7) Click on Rename and give the button a better name (like 'Remove Teams From Meeting')

Click on OK

Andy T

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am amplifying this issue by *repeating* the same problem as others. I am adding nothing new to the conversation, just adding noise. 

My child (age 7) and our district uses the Teams platform to do remote school. My daughter has different Meetings set up for different classes with different teachers. Our teacher also uses different Meetings for small group, for 1:1 meetings with her teacher etc. Each time these schedules change, the teacher cancels the previous repeated meeting, and schedules a new one. Now that the year has gone on long enough there is a long history of canceled meetings lingering on her calendar.

Today my daughter had 12 canceled meetings on her calendar and 4 actual meetings. She knows to look at the graphics on the side of the meeting to see if it is real or not. Solid purple is a real meeting, white outlined in purple is a canceled meeting. Today I spent 15-20 minutes removing these meetings ONE. AT. A. TIME. from her calendar for the next couple weeks. Even when I select, "view entire series" and then select "remove meeting from calendar" only the one meeting for that one day is removed and I still had to remove the same meeting from the following week. We are on an iPad. 

- I searched around Settings to see if I could select: "Don't show canceled meetings on calendar" or something similar. I found nothing.

- I searched the internet for, "remove entire series of canceled meetings from Teams" and found a video about how to do this in desktop, but not iPad.

- Now I am here at this forum discovering that it is not just me. And noting that likely across the country kids are navigating lists of canceled meetings without anyone taking the time to write in a forum like this.

1) Please give users the option of hiding canceled meetings from the calendar in the first place.

2) Please give users the option of removing an entire series (i.e. repeated weekly) of canceled meetings from the calendar. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2021 Views 11,401 Applies to: