When I am on a Teams call I cannot use my Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Ergonomic Keyboard

My Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard does not work when I am on a Teams conference call.
If I try to use the Bluetooth Keyboard the Teams call will freeze momentarily and will not let me type at all.

System Details - Win10 Enterprise - Vs 1909 OS Build 18363.836
Teams Details - Version 1.3.00.13565 (64bit)

Keyboard Details - Driver vs 10.0.18362.1

I also use a Bluetooth Headset and Mouse while on the call.  The Logitech M535 mouse is very slow to respond initially.  I do not have issues with my Jabra Evolve 75 Headset (no usb dongle)

Answer
Answer

Hi Pierce Radtke,

Thank you for your update. Sorry for late response because I was an off duty for two days.

According to your description, we would like to suggest you if you are using Teams application on desktop client, please try to clear the Teams cache and see the result outcome. Below are the steps:

A. Sign Out from Teams application.

B. Go to File Explorer, paste “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams” in location box and press Enter.

C. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage” location.

D. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache” location

E. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases” location

F. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache” location

G. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB” location

H. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage” location

I. Clear files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp” location

J. Restart Teams and login your account.

Further, at once if you are using Teams on desktop client, we would like to suggest you please open Teams on web client in different browsers, try to check the result.

If you have enabled in proxy or antivirus into the machine, to avoid such issue with Teams, please disable it and see the result.

On the other hand, please try to troubleshoot the issue via this mentioned article Troubleshoot problems with your Microsoft mouse or keyboard, if it can help you for this issue.

Meanwhile, please try to use different Bluetooth keyboard device, try to see if it makes any difference in the issue.

Please feel free to contact us. We are highly appreciated your cooperation in our forum community.

Regards,
Darpan

----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2021 Views 440 Applies to: