Youtube audio comes low quality while in Teams meeting

Hi Teams,

I have noticed that when I use Bluetooth headphones to participate in Teams meetings, the audio quality of other applications, such as YouTube videos, deteriorates significantly. This situation makes it challenging for me to enjoy a satisfactory audio experience, especially when audio needs to be played during the meetings. I suspect that this might be due to the Bluetooth headphones and Teams sharing audio resources during the meetings, thus affecting the audio quality of other applications.

I have attempted some basic troubleshooting steps, such as reconnecting the Bluetooth headphones, checking system audio settings, and adjusting Teams' audio settings, but the issue persists. I am curious to know if there are any other adjustments or configurations that can be made to ensure both the audio quality of Teams meetings and the normal audio quality of other applications.

If possible, could you provide some suggestions on how to optimize the audio sharing between Bluetooth headphones and Teams meetings? This is crucial for me to actively participate in discussions during meetings while also being able to play multimedia content.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance!

BR,

Andy

Hello Sino1641, I'm Shalom and I'd happily help you with your question. In this forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself. There are a few steps you can take to try and improve the situation: 1. Check Bluetooth Drivers and Firmware: Make sure your Bluetooth headphones are running the latest firmware and drivers. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with certain applications. 2. Adjust Audio Settings in Teams: a. In Teams, go to the "Settings" by clicking on your profile picture, then select "Devices." b. Under the "Audio devices" section, you can try adjusting the "Speaker" and "Microphone" settings to see if it helps. Sometimes changing the audio devices can resolve issues. c. You can also try toggling the "Suppress background noise" option and see if it affects the audio quality. 3. Check Windows Sound Settings: a. Right-click on the speaker icon in your system tray and select "Open Sound settings." b. Under the "Output" section, make sure your Bluetooth headphones are selected as the default playback device. c. Click on "Device properties" and check if there are any advanced settings that could impact audio quality. 4. Check Bluetooth Audio Codec: Some Bluetooth headphones support different audio codecs, such as aptX or AAC, which can affect audio quality. Check if your headphones have a different audio codec setting and try changing it. 5. Disable Exclusive Mode: a. In Windows Sound settings, go to the "Advanced sound options." b. Disable the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option. 6. Close Unnecessary Applications: Make sure you don't have other resource-intensive applications running in the background that could be affecting audio quality. 7. Update Teams and OS: Ensure that you're using the latest version of Microsoft Teams and that your operating system is up to date. Best Regards, Shalom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had this issue and it was fixed with this

This solution is also on another thread:

To fix this, go to your system's sound settings, find your Sound Control Panel, select Communications, and then Do nothing. Finally, apply the changes so others will be able to hear your shared audio loud and clear.”

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 1,262 Applies to: