Why isn't my bot appearing in the @mention suggestions in the compose box? How can I fix this?

I created a Teams extension with tab and bot features, provisioned and deployed at the organization level. The extension is installed and working fine. However, when I try to use the bot with @mention in the compose box, my bot doesn't appear as a suggestion.

To access the bot, I have to click the "Get bots" button, select my bot from the list, and then use it. This extra step is required every time.

Why isn't my bot appearing in the @mention suggestions in the compose box? How can I fix this?

|

Hello Gunapalani19,

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community. I am sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with your Teams bot not appearing in the @mention suggestions in the compose box.

There are a few reasons why your bot may not be showing up in the @mention suggestions. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check Bot Settings:

• Go to Settings in Teams.

• Expand the @mentions option.

• Ensure the box beside Show members the option to @team or @[team name] is checked.

• Enable the Give members the option to @channel or @[channel name] option.

2. Verify Installation:

• Ensure that your bot extension is correctly provisioned and deployed at the organization level.

• Confirm that the extension is installed and working properly.

3. Repair New Teams:

• Type settings in the search box and select the Settings app from the results.

• Select Apps > Installed apps, then type Microsoft Teams in the search box.

• Locate the New Microsoft Teams app from the results, select the More options button (…), and then select Advanced options.

• In the Reset section, select Repair.

• Restart Teams.

4. Clear Cache and Restart (New Teams):

• Follow the same steps as above, but in the Reset section, select Reset instead of Repair.

• Restart Teams.

5. Bot Permissions:

• Check if your bot has the necessary permissions to be mentioned in conversations.

• Verify that the bot is part of the relevant Teams channels or groups. If your bot is not a member of the team or channel, it will not appear in the @mention suggestions.

6. Verify Bot is not Blocked or Muted:

• Ensure that your bot is not blocked or muted by any team members.

• If a user has blocked or muted your bot, it will not appear in their @mention suggestions.

Note: Please use @mention frequently, as it will cache automatically, and after a few days, your bot should appear in the suggestions.

For more information, please refer to Chat with a Bot in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support.

We trust that following these steps will help resolve the issue. If you continue to experience difficulties after implementing these recommendations, please do not hesitate to inform us. Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely  

Feroz Mahmud | Microsoft Community Moderator 

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 47 Applies to: