Why does the Teams Link remain open in the Teams Chat group once I have viewed it?

Hi,

I have added a Team to my Tertiary Knowledge Sharing Team Chat group to make it easier for members to view announcements posted. When we click on the SIS-Tertiary Team tab, we are directed to that page which is perfect. However, when we go back to the Tertiary Knowledge Sharing Teams chat, members are directed back to the SIS-Tertiary before they can click on another tab, i.e. chat, files or Recording & Transcripts.

Why does this happen and how can I correct this so members are not directed back to the SIS-Tertiary Team?

Hello Rosemarie V, Sorry about the issue you are having which may be related to Teams deep link and few other reasons. Teams Deep Linking: Teams uses deep linking to open existing group chats via a URL. This means that when you click on a Teams link, it opens the corresponding chat in Teams. If you leave the chat but don’t close the tab, the chat will remain open. Teams Cache: Sometimes, Teams might cache old chats and pop them up even after they’ve been read. Clearing the Teams cache might help fix this issue. Notifications Settings: If you’re still receiving notifications from a chat you’ve left, you can mute the notifications until you join the chat or send a message. I pulled the above information from answers.microsoft.com Please try the above steps let's know if it helps. Thanks, Rita.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your response and this is helpful.

I think this is a Teams Deep link because I have cleared my Cache and this has not resolved the concern. Unfortunately, I will need to remove the tab from the Teams chat and the team will need to access the SIS-Tertiary Teams via the normal way.

Kind Regards,

Rosemarie Vieira

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 56 Applies to: