When sharing your screen in the new Teams, how can you hide a bar that is intruding on tabs behind it

When sharing your screen on the new Teams, the share screen bar disappears but another bar remains that tells you you are sharing your screen and provides a quick option to stop sharing. However, this bar intrudes on any tabs that are behind it and if you barely scroll over/touch it, it immediately opens up the big share screen bar. How can we get this bar to disappear? I've tried clearing cache for Teams, Teams is also up to date. This wasn't an issue in the older version of Teams and has become very frustrating for presenting during meetings.

|
Answer
Answer

Hello I’m Adeyemi and I’d be happy to help you with your question. I understand your frustration. This issue has been reported by other users as well. Currently, Microsoft Teams does not provide an option to hide the sharing bar during a screen share. The bar is designed to disappear when you move your mouse away from it, but it can reappear if your mouse hovers over the area where the bar is located. There are some workarounds suggested by users, but they may not fully resolve the issue: 1. Use Vertical Tabs: Some users have found it helpful to use vertical tabs in their browser during a Teams screen share 2. Adjust Browser Window: You could try adjusting your browser window so that the tabs are not located under the Teams sharing bar. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/hide-bar-at-top-of-teams-sharing/td-p/3256203 Microsoft is aware of this issue and it is likely to be implemented in a future update I hope this helps Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below Regards Adeyemi

You say - "The bar is designed to disappear when you move your mouse away from it, but it can reappear if your mouse hovers over the area where the bar is located."

BUT it doesn't disappear - unless there is some hidden option in the settings - then please let us know.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

So thanks to a very earlier post that gave the ALT-F4 'solution'.

What I found was that you have to 'click' into the app, so screenshots below.

First is the 'standard' banner.

Second is when you 'hover' over the first.

NOW at this point I click on the 'greyed out' LAYOUT button, which places me in the app.

THEN I do ALT-F4.

To 'quit' or stop sharing, you then have to click on the icon in the taskbar (if one set) to show the call you are in, and there's a stop sharing button in there (final picture).

Had to 'sanitize' the picture- so apols for the black mess - my boss wouldn't like his name and picture banded across the web.

61 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 32,756 Applies to: