Using Dual Screen in Microsoft Teams

Good Evening,

I would like to ask a question about that "Does Microsoft Teams has the feature of Dual Screen Sharing" like Zoom. For Example, I would like to use dual screen, One Screen is showing presentation and one screen is showing participants and myself presenting about the presentation. Currently Zoom is fine for sharing dual screen as I mentioned above. I would like to use in Microsoft Suite because I am using zoom only for meeting and office apps for Microsoft.

Thank You very much. 

Best Regards,

Hello phyokhant
I am V. Arya, Independent Advisor, to work with you on this issue. This is not possible as of now. Currently, there is an Uservoice request logged for this functionality. I would suggest that you should go there and vote for this. More votes draw more attention from Microsoft. I just upvoted it and made the count to 953.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555...

Note - Uservoice is a repository of suggestions for Microsoft engineers to prioritize feature development requests.

There is a workaround shared by Nidhi1591 here - But to do the workaround you have to follow below steps:
1. Screen 1 : Join your meeting from desktop application
2. Screen 2 : Open teams web application and join same meeting from there

This way in 2 screen you can see choose video in one and presentation in other. Make sure to not join with audio/video in one of the screen.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsof...

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This Idea I think show the real request:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39755410-use-multiple-monitors-in-team-calls-split-content

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This Idea respond to your needs: Please vote for it:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39755410-use-multiple-monitors-in-team-calls-split-content

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for this workaround.  When I do this, I hear my own voice through the headphones like an echo.  I do not hear the echo when the participants speak.  And the participants aren't hearing an echo when I speak on their end.  It's only me hearing my own voice twice. 

Is it possible to mute the speaker sound coming from the meeting either in the MS Teams Desktop app, The Teams web app or within Edge? I suspect that it might be that when I'm logged in twice I'm hearing myself twice through the speakers.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello SongGong,

You should be able to address this by opening the "Volume Mixer" by right clicking the speaker icon down near the clock and selecting "Open Volume Mixer".

This will allow you to mute individual programs, such as Edge in this case.  I would suggest having your Teams app sound in use and the web based sound muted, though the choice is yours.  I believe that it will work either way.

I'll be upvoting as well, it is awkward to log in twice to the same meeting.  I believe that this will show as two participants, though I haven't tested it.  If someone can confirm that I am wrong, I'd be glad to know that.

I hope that this helps!

Best Regards,

Ben

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks!  Going to sound mixer options lets me mute the sound in Edge but not from Teams installed as a progressive web app (PWA).  So, I have to use Teams in a browser for the second instance. 

In case any other teachers are looking for a way to see their students while presenting their screen.  Here is the list of steps that are working for me.  This is ridiculously complicated in my opinion and I can't wait until Microsoft builds this capability into Teams. Seriously, if you miss a single step, you'll end up with a mess of echoes or infinite screens showing.

I use Chrome as my default browser.  So, I am forcing the second instance of Teams to open in my MS Edge browser so that it doesn't get lost among the tabs in my Chrome browser.

Part 1: Create Edge shortcut on monitor #2
1. Right-click on the desktop

2. Click on new

3. Click on Shortcut

4. For the location type in microsoft-edge:http://teams.microsoft.com

5. Give the shortcut a name like Teams in Edge

Part 2: Join the Teams meeting from the Edge browser shortcut on your 2nd monitor
1. Click on the desktop shortcut you just created on monitor #2 to open Teams in the Edge browser
2. In the Start menu search bar type Sound Mixer Options
3. Select Sound Mixer Options from the best match list
4. Find Microsoft Edge on the list and set its volume to 0
5. Join the meeting from the Edge Browser on Monitor #2

Part 3: Join the Teams meeting from the desktop app on your 1st monitor

1. Join the meeting from the Teams desktop app on monitor #1

2. Turn off your audio in the Teams desktop app 

2. Turn off your video in the Teams desktop app

Part 4: Share your content (screen or individual apps) from Monitor #1

1. Share any content in the Teams desktop app on monitor 1. The desktop app is the most full-featured for sharing content.

2. Because your mic and camera are controlled by the Teams meeting in the Edge browser on monitor #2, it should be easier to find your meeting controls to mute/unmute yourself. You will also be able to see participants' video in a strip along the bottom and the chat window if you set it to show.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Fully agree.  I just added my support and the vote count is now 1809

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2024 Views 83,047 Applies to: