Using Bot app in different organization

Hello,

I have created a bot app using teams toolkit and run it locally. Using the teams toolkit, it has automatically created a app in developer portal of teams, created a app in app registrations in azure and a bot in botframework. The app in app registration in azure is supporting Multiple organizations. Now using this I have hosted the bot on server of which endpoint I have also mentioned. So the app is running in my tenant. Suppose I want my client which is other organization to install and use this bot without publishing into the marketplace. How and what to configure to use them. Or the user can have just upload the manifest file and use it even though it is registered in my tenant?

Thanks.

|

Hello Rohan2908, My name is Adesoji and I'd be happy to help you out with your question. Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. I am just a user like you who help others. I am not an employee of Microsoft. While you will get more relevant responses from the Teams Developer Forum (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/teams-developer/bd-p/TeamsDeveloper), I believe to allow your client's organization to use the bot you have created, without publishing it to the Microsoft Teams App Store, you can follow these steps: Configure the Azure AD App Registration for Multi-Tenant Access: - In the Azure portal, go to the "App registrations" section and select the app registration for your bot. - Under "Authentication", ensure that the "Supported account types" is set to "Accounts in any organizational directory (Any Azure AD directory - Multitenant)". - Under "API Permissions", add the necessary permissions required by your bot, such as "Bot.Read", "Bot.Send", etc. - Grant admin consent for the required permissions. - Update the Teams App Manifest: - In the Teams App Studio, open the manifest for your bot app. - In the "Basics" section, update the "Short name" and "Long name" to be more generic, as these will be displayed to your client's users. - In the "Capabilities" section, ensure that the "Bot" is configured correctly, including the correct Microsoft App ID. - In the "Domains and permissions" section, add the domain(s) that your bot is hosted on. - In the "Configurable" section, ensure that the "Bot" is configured correctly. Package and Share the Teams App: - In the Teams App Studio, go to the "Test and distribute" section. - Click "Download" to download the packaged Teams app manifest file (a .zip file). - Share this .zip file with your client, along with instructions on how to install the app in their Microsoft Teams environment. - Client-side Installation and Usage: -In the client's Microsoft Teams environment, the user or admin can upload the .zip file containing the app manifest. - Once installed, the bot should be available for use within the client's Microsoft Teams environment. I hope this helps. Best Regards, Adesoji

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 12 Applies to: