Unable to Enable and Sign Up Microsoft Teams

Hi there,

I can't seem to be able to enable Microsoft Teams on the admin and sign up the software. Below is the error I get

Hello Jason,

First may I double confirm if you have Microsoft 365 for Business subscription in which Microsoft Teams is included?  If you have the Microsoft 365 for Business subscription, to use Microsoft Teams, there are some conditions as below

1. Your Business account must be assigned a valid Teams license.

2. The Teams access permission must be enabled for your organizatio by your global admin. For your reference https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/office-365-set-up.

By the way, if you don't have Microsoft 365 Business subscription and you signed up Microsoft services like Windows store, PowerBI etc, in this case you cannot use your account to sign in Teams, or register/sign up Teams, thanks.

If you are using Microsoft 365 for Business subscription and the issue persists after you tried the suggestions above, in this case I'd like to collect your full email address( account) for further troubleshooting, for protecting your privacy, I will send you a Private Message (PM) to collect it, thanks.

Best Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your reply in the PM.

Based on the email account you provided in PM, I have checked it and found your email account (domain) has two subscriptions one if Azure Rights Management for free, and another one is Windows store.  In this case as you don't have Microsoft 365 for Busiess suscbription ( valid Teams license), you cannot use your email account to sign in Teams, thanks for your understanding.

Morover, if you want to try Microsoft Teams, you could try to purchase a Microsoft 365 for Business subscription which including Teams, or you can also sign up Teams for free, please note, if you want to sign up Teams for free version, you cannot use your current email account, as they were assoicated with other Microsoft Azure subscriptions,  It is recommended that please try to use Outlook.com/Hotmail.com account to sign up Teams for free if you needed, thanks.  For your reference https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software > Sign up for free.

Please feel free to share with me if you need any other helps, thanks.

Best Regards,

Oliver

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Oliver,

Can you please explain what's the different between Azure Rights Management and is Windows store?

I know I have one account going through Imgram Solution (wholesaler). May I know which of the above is through Imgram Solution?

Can you please show me the link to purchase Microsoft 365 for Business subscription?

I have already tried setting it up through outlook (private email) but because it's not associated with the jason@( removed by moderator for protecting your privacy) it often has problem when using it for the meeting associated with the work email.

Jason

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your reply with patience, to protect your privacy, I removed your email address from your last post, thanks.

Based on my research, currently your email account is associated with two suscriptions ( free), one is Rights Management Adhoc and another is Windows Store for Business.  And as far as I know the Windows Store for Business is more likely from the Imgram you mentioned.  If you concerned about it, as it is a third-party solution provider, it is recommended that please contact the Imgram to double confirm it, thanks.

For more details about the two subscriptions, please refer to  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/troubleshoot/licensing/rights-management-adhoc-sku-office-365   and  https://businessstore.microsoft.com/en-us/store ( Just for Microsoft Store Apps).

Moreover, if you want to purchase Microsoft 365 Business subscription, you can refer to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/compare-all-microsoft-365-business-products?&activetab=tab:primaryr2 > For Business,  then see if you could use your custom domain to purchase it, thanks.

Please feel free to share with me if you have any other concerns, thanks.

Best Regards,

Oliver

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Oliver,

I have already purchased other apps and all I need is the Team Desktop apps, which I also only use it occasionally when meeting with other organisation. Could you please advise what needs to changed for the current domain so that I could get the Team for free?

Thanks

Jason

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jason,

Thanks again for your reply with patience.

I double chekced the email account you provided before, first your email account jason@xxx.com is not a Microsoft 365 Business account with valid Teams license, so you cannot direcly use this account to sign in Teams, thanks. 

Moreover, based on your description, you want to get Teams for free, just as we talked above, I have checked your email account domain, your account currently is associated with two subsriptions which we talked in the last reply.  In this case if you used this account to sign up Teams for free, it would prompts you that this may be a work account and check if you have Teams license......   So you can not use this account to sign up/ Sign in Teams ( no Valid Teams license), thanks.  For how to sign up Teams for free, please refer to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software > Sign up for free.

Moreover, if you need use your custom domain associated email account to sign up Teams for free, you would need cancel the subscriptions associated with your email account currently, and then try it. Or you could use an Outlook.com/Hotmail.com ( recommended) account to sign up Teams for free. However, it cannot be associated with your own email account ( domain), thanks.

Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Oliver

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Oliver,

If I purchase this copy, would I be able to use the desktop version?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/microsoft-365/business/microsoft-365-business-basic?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Cheers,
Jason

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2021 Views 76 Applies to: