Unable to change or remove my profile picture from microsoft teams.

I am unable to change or remove my profile picture from microsoft teams. Whenever I make an attempt it says "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."
Hi Prathayanie,

May I know whether this issue happen on both Teams desktop and Teams web client?

What type of image file (e.g. Jpeg, Png) are you using? Does this issue happen to every type of image or specific image file?

If you are using Teams desktop client, please use the Teams web client to see whether the problem still occurs.

Moreover, please provide us with a screenshot about the issue for further analysis.  

To post screenshot, please refer to steps below:
On the top ribbon, click on Insert Image, and then Choose File to browser the picture to upload.
Click Upload.

Best regards, 
Shyamall
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good day, Shyamal Debnath, 

According to the questions asked, 

May I know whether this issue happens on both Teams desktop and Teams web client?

Yes it happened on both the Teams desktop and Teams web client 

What type of image file (e.g. Jpeg, Png) are you using? Does this issue happen to every type of image or specific image file?

The image used was jpeg and this issue did happen to every type of image I had tried to upload while changing the picture

I have attached the screenshots of the persisting problem. 

This is how it shows in the Teams desktop and this is how it shows in the Teams web client 

<Masked by moderator due to privacy>

I hope that you are able to assist me in solving this issue. 

Thanks and Best Regards,

Prathayanie. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Prathayanie,

Thanks for providing the detailed screenshot shots. May I know whether you have install Teams on your mobile? If so, please try change your profile picture from your Teams app on mobile. See Change your picture in Teams

You may also try to add your profile photo via using My accounts pane in Office 365 to check this issue. For your reference: Add your profile photo to Office 365

Note: It may take some times to reflect (Sign out/Sign in required) to appear on Teams client. Please wait for some time (24~48hrs) to see whether the Photo sync.

Your patience and co-operation are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good day, 

I have installed Teams in my mobile and unfortunately no luck either. I am attaching a screenshot below for further reference: 

<Masked by moderator due to privacy>

The message "Failed to update profile picture. Please try again", repeatedly pops up. 

And I tried changing my Microsoft profile photo via using My accounts pane in Office 365 to check this issue as well, but the changes were successful in all the Microsoft apps except Microsoft teams.

I hope this issue would be resolved as soon as possible. 

Thanks and Best Regards,

Prathayanie. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Prathayanie,

Thanks for the reply. Since you are able to change your profile photo via using My accounts pane in Office 365. Please wait for some time (approx. 48hrs) to see whether the Photo sync to Teams. You may also need to (Sign out/Sign in) Teams client.

However, I have tested on my side on both Teams web and desktop client but can’t replicate this symptoms. Here is the screenshot for your reference:

In the meantime, we will keep doing some research on our side to see if we can find any relevant information about the issue.

Your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Shyamal, 

As mentioned I did try to change my profile photo via using My accounts pane in Office 365. Yet it was no luck in Microsoft Teams. 

I shall wait for another 48 hours & update if the picture change was successful. In the meantime, I would like to inquire could Microsoft Teams for my current acc be suspended and allow me to recreate a new one? 

Thank you very much for your kind assistance 

Best Regards, 

Prathayanie 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Prathayanie,

Thanks for your patience. Regarding the query “inquire could Microsoft Teams for my current acc be suspended and allow me to recreate a new one?”, may I know whether you are using Teams free version or Teams using Office 365 Business subscription?

If you are Teams using from Office 365 Business subscription then you need to contact your Office 365 admin for further assistance.

Moreover, if you are using Teams free version, you can delete Teams free organization. Here is the article for your reference: Delete your Teams free organization

If anything unclear, please feel free to let us know and we will be glad to further assist you.

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Whenever iam trying to upload profile picture it shows contact IT admin.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Changed in office 365,still not cannot change in teams. Mobile or desktop,neither work

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 7,952 Applies to: