Teams

My Teams is not working. Couldn't open any video, although Powerpoints still work. What happened? I have updated my Teams, no changes. I use it in PC and updated it in mobile. Help

Moved from Microsoft Teams (Preview)

Answer
Answer

Hi EILEEN CHRISTINA SUSANTO,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft forum.

Based on your description, do you mean that you can't share any video when you try to share your screen, although you can share PPT? If this is your concern, please first open your browser and launch an InPrivate window to avoid cache problem. Go to Teams web app: https://teams.microsoft.com/ and check if you can share video normally there.

Note: If you're using Teams on the web, you'll only be able to share your screen if you're using Google Chrome or the latest version of Microsoft Edge.

1. If video sharing is available via Teams web app, please check Teams update and consider clearing Teams cache.

For Windows:

1) Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. You can right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select "Quit" or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.

2) Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. Or go to System (C:) > Users > Select a user name > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Teams. 

Please clear content in the following folders.

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp 

3) Once completed, restart Microsoft Teams. 

2. If video sharing fails on Teams web app, please check the following aspects.

2.1 Update your graphic driver.

2.2 Check your network. When bandwidth is insufficient, Teams prioritizes audio quality over video quality. See Bandwidth requirements.

2.3 Check Hardware requirements for Microsoft Teams and consider switching to another device to give a try.

Hope this helps! Thank you.

For your reference:

Best regards & Stay safe,

Qian

---------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2021 Views 38 Applies to: