Teams: Yealink MP50 unable to start, answer, or end calls

Hello,

I recently deployed some Yealink MP50 USB phone devices to my agency users who are on Teams Voice. For some, the MP50 works perfectly: plug and play and away we go.

Unfortunately, for most users they can't start, answer, or end calls but the pause/resume and mute/unmute work fine during a call.

- If they start a call from the phone's controls it looks like it is attempting to dial out but nothing happens on the PC and it eventually ends

- If they receive a call it shows up on the MP50's screen but the answer and decline buttons do not work and neither does pressing speakerphone or picking up the handset.

- If a user starts or answers a call on the PC they can use the MP50 for microphone and audio

- Picking up the handset switches it from speakerphone to handset,

- If I do a test call on the troubled setup, Teams displays a banner saying "No device call controls. Exit other calling apps so you can use your device call controls with teams.

I have worked with Yealink support through a lot of troubleshooting, but unfortunately have not resolved the issue. I will give a rundown of the troubleshooting.

- Our Teams accounts are in Teams only mode and we do not have Skype for Business

- I have troubleshot the issues for a couple of months, so it has persisted throughout Teams updating

- I have troubleshot on a couple of different firmware versions of the MP50

- For those having issues, I switched them to a device that worked on another PC but it didn't work on theirs

- For those having issues, I took their device and put it on another PC that had a working one and it worked there

- I've tried multiple device resets

- I've deleted out all drivers out of device manager and reinstalled it, multiple times

- I've tried completely removing Teams and all files/folders from the PC and then reinstalling and setting up Teams

Here is a rundown of some extensive process of elimination troubleshooting I did, with users A and B

- MP50 works on user A's setup but not user B's setup

- User B logs into their Teams account on user A's PC with user A's domain account logged in, the MP50 works

- User B logs into their Teams account on user A's PC with user's B's domain account, the MP50 works

- User A logs into their Teams on user B's PC with user B's domain account logged in, the MP50 doesn't work

- User B logs into their Teams account on user B's PC with user A's domain account logged in, the MP50 works

To me, this eliminates the possibility of the device, the PC, the Teams accounts, and the Domain account from being the issue and just leaves it to being an issue with the local Windows profile on the PC.

I hope someone can provide some other troubleshooting options. I may have to look at alternatives, but what from I've seen it sounds like most other phones run Teams as a separate instance, creating several other drawbacks, or else have to be dumbed down to operate similar to the MP50 which makes them a waste of money.

Thanks

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, mckluzak,

My name is Didi. I'm happy to help you today. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

I suggest submitting a service request in the Microsoft 365 admin center if you're the admin. Otherwise, you can inform your admin to do the following:

Sign in to https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=2135542 with your Microsoft 365 user ID, and click Support > New service request. If you're in the new admin center, click Show all > Support > New service request.

You could also contact them through local phone numbers for technical support. The numbers can be found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/...

Best regards,
Didi
(I am NOT a Microsoft Agent/Employee.)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Just wondering, did you get anywhere with this/find a fix other than recreating the user profiles? We are currently having the exact same issues with the MP50 phones.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sadly, no. Both Yealink and Microsoft supports are still kicking tires at the issue. I am actually about to try deleting a user's profile from their PC and add it back on to see if that will work. I'll let you know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just spend another hour looking at it and I think I've got it working, I went through and deleted a load of registry entries for Lync, after a reboot it worked

I'm just restoring it back now and I'll go through the entries in a bit more detail to figure out which one is caused the problem :)

Having this reg fix is going to make it 1000 times easier for us as we are about to deploy 100+ of these MP50 phones

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was wondering if it may be the registry, as well. I had asked Microsoft Teams support if that might not be the issue and whether or not we could somehow reset the registry back to default, but that didn't go anywhere.

I am interested in trying this before the profile deletion. Please let me know if you can verify the registry entries.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I couldn't narrow it down to a particular entry unfortunantly, we have also noticed that even though you can dial out using the MP50 after the deleting the old entries, ending calls still don't work.

If you want to try this use Nirsoft regscanner, search for "Lync" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and delete all Lync-related entries, then restart the machine

We're looking at a easy way to copy the data and recreate user profiles via SCCM instead now

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are any registry entries that have "Lync" in the name tied to Teams? I know Microsoft seems to leave behind remnants of Lync and Skype within Teams. Did you try deleting out any Skype entries? I think I may try uninstalling Teams, then doing a registry sweep of anything with Lync and Skype, and then reinstalling Teams.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I deleted all Lync, Skype & S4B entries in the registry, everything on Teams looked fine, I did reinstall Teams after and the issue still persisted, althought it might be worth a go, at least we've got it working a bit more than it did previously.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just went through and cleared out all of those, that I could, as well. After a reboot and reinstall of Teams it appears the MP50 has full functionality. I am able to hang up calls, even.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the WH66 and have the same issue that it cant start a pc softphone call from the base unit. I am on a Mac running teams. It allows me to enter a number and when I hit the call button it doesnt seem to start a call , it shous the outgoing call screen, but after a few seconds defaults back to the main screen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 8, 2024 Views 3,091 Applies to: