Teams Won't Sync

I have a client that says her Teams app is not syncing correctly on her Android phone. She said she can view/read messages but the notification icon badge won't update to reflect that she's read/viewed the message. The only way for the total to update is for her to login to her computer. She also cannot send inside the Teams app as well. To my knowledge, she's uninstalled and reinstalled. Is there anything I'm missing? I'm an iPhone user myself so I'm not as familiar with Android settings.

|

Hello Luke Parks1,

Good Day! Thank you for posting in the community.   

We have received your query and you can expect to receive a response from one of our community moderators accordingly.   

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you.   

Sincerely   

Feroz Mahmud | Microsoft Community Moderator  

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Luke Parks1

Good day and hope you are doing well.

Regarding the issue, if her computer is working fine, then we suspect the Teams she is using from her Android is causing the update issues. Has

she tried to clear Teams cache and re-install Teams again. Clear Teams cache - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

Lastly, have you tried configuring affected user’s Teams account in another user’s (who is not facing any issue) mobile device and check if the issue persists.

Please understand that our initial response may not always resolve the issue immediately. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back. we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Bertrand

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 24 Applies to: