Teams Window Sharing during call - List of windows does not update

On Teams client for Windows 1.3.00.28779 as well as 1.3.00.26064 that I've been able to test, when I'm already on a call and click the share content button, I am presented with a list of thumbnails of "Desktop" screens to share as well as Windows.  The list of Windows is a list of windows that were open at the time the call started, and it does not update if I open new windows or close ones that were open.  It continues to list windows that were previously closed, and never seems to update to allow me to share a new document that I've opened.

If I click on one of the "ghost" windows that I have already closed but still show on the list, nothing happens.  If I click on one of the windows that is still open, it shares it fine.

Clicking "Hide share options" and then clicking the share content button again does not refresh the list, it continues to be outdated.  The only thing that refreshes the list is to close the meeting / call and start a new call.

I have reproduced this issue on multiple installations on different hardware with different user accounts.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi nkruger,

Thank you for posting in our forum community. We will try to provide a possible information from our end into the forum community.

According to your mentioned description, we have checked at our end and found the same behavior. On the other hand, we would recommend you to please report or submit feedback about this issue thing on Teams UserVoice site, so product team can check and improve it. Our related developer team regularly reviews user’s feedback or report to consider in the design, development and improvement for Teams application and they will fix or improve the product feature issue accordingly in future updates.

Further, as a workaround please share your whole desktop screen to share your files or (such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel) or any other things in team meeting.

Regards,
Darpan

----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes this is very annoying each time we need to present new file,

I noticed that previous version could refresh as long as we reopen the share content ribbon,

but the latest ver. (which im using now) it seems doesnt work anymore,

I already update, and clear cache, even uninstall, still no longer work,

Ms support, kindly help to raise this issue.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

we are facing the same issue here. New Windows, opened during a call, will not be shown on the sharing screen. I have to quit the call and reopen it. Then it is possible to share the recently opened Window.

Teams Client Version is 1.3.00.28779 last updated on 6th November.

Best regards

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On Teams client for Windows 1.3.00.28779 as well as 1.3.00.26064 that I've been able to test, when I'm already on a call and click the share content button, I am presented with a list of thumbnails of "Desktop" screens to share as well as Windows.  The list of Windows is a list of windows that were open at the time the call started, and it does not update if I open new windows or close ones that were open.  It continues to list windows that were previously closed, and never seems to update to allow me to share a new document that I've opened.

If I click on one of the "ghost" windows that I have already closed but still show on the list, nothing happens.  If I click on one of the windows that is still open, it shares it fine.

Clicking "Hide share options" and then clicking the share content button again does not refresh the list, it continues to be outdated.  The only thing that refreshes the list is to close the meeting / call and start a new call.

I have reproduced this issue on multiple installations on different hardware with different user accounts.

Maybe this helps but what i do is share my whole desktop and audio therefore whatever i am seeing the audience seeing too. 
hope that helps 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did anyone make a uservoice already? This almost seems like a bug, the feature they could implement is a rescan/refresh of the open/closed windows IF not automatically, which I think it should.

Kind regards,

Stein

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did anyone make a uservoice already? This almost seems like a bug, the feature they could implement is a rescan/refresh of the open/closed windows IF not automatically, which I think it should.

Kind regards,

Stein

This is definitely a bug and not something for users to vote on!  And it's very frustrating.  How do you file a bug report on this - anyone know?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, the UserVoice way is the best way for end-users to ask for new features and/or submit bug reports.

Microsoft Devs looks up for this. This issue was raised today by one of my customer and found someone that already posted this issue last month.

I added my vote, but I suggest everyone add votes. The higher the votes is, the more there's chance they look at this.

Search for "Teams Uservoice" and then on the Teams Uservoice page, search in the right menu of the web site for the following "Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck". Then vote.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sort of crazy - release buggy software then see how many people vote for it to be fixed!  I’ll add my vote though.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Confirming that this bug is still present in version 1.3.00.30866 64-bit.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems like there are 2 issues open regarding this. I'll link here so everyone can vote:

Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck

Bug with Teams Window Sharing during call or meeting

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2021 Views 1,022 Applies to: