Teams Transcription - Runs fine during meeting, can't download and doesn't appear in recap, "No Meeting Transcript"

Hi

Hoping someone has had this issue previously and can help me! I've had a ticket open with MS support for nearly 2 months and haven't got anywhere!

We have enabled the teams transcription feature in the below teams admin portal polices for a few test users.

Meetings > meeting policy

Meetings > Live Events Policy

Voice > calling policy

3 end users have been testing this and they now has the ability to click on the transcript option when in a meeting. This starts the service and all appears to be working fine however an error appears advising "Something went wrong. Please try again later".

Despite the error, the transcription starts and picks up people's voices. At the end of the meeting the transcript shows in the chat. Please ignore the recordings not uploading to onedrive, access has since been granted to onedrive to resolve this but the issue still remains with the transcript.

This all looks normal but if you then click on the transcript or go to recap or Recordings & Transcripts, the transcript does not exist.

Trying to download the transcript from the chat menu does nothing. This has happened on multiple meetings where the user has organised them or if I organise them. This happens on existing and new scheduled meetings. If I join the meeting however, I am able to view and download the transcript fine (I am an admin). I imagine we must be missing some permissions or something but all policies appear fine in the teams admin portal. Any help would be great.

Thanks

|

Hello James, Double-check that all permissions required for accessing and managing transcripts are appropriately set, not just in the Teams admin centre, but also in any related services like SharePoint and OneDrive where the transcripts may be stored. Verify that the meeting policies applied to the affected users specifically include the permissions to record and transcribe meetings. Sometimes, global policies may override user-specific settings, or vice versa, leading to inconsistencies. Ensure that all users have the latest version of the Teams app or are using a supported browser if they are accessing Teams through the web. Outdated software can often cause issues with newer features. Since you mentioned that as an admin, you can view and download the transcript without issues, try elevating one of the affected user’s permissions temporarily or having them log in on a machine where transcripts are known to work. Hope this helps! Warm Regards, Ozi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Ozi

Appreciate your response. I don't suppose you have any idea what those permissions might be at all? My test account, which has the same issue, already has Onedrive access, the relevant policies are all applied in the teams admin portal etc. I just cannot figure out the difference in access between myself and a normal user. All the MS documentation I can find just advises to amend the teams admin portal policies, nothing about any other permissions for users.

I've double checked the teams desktop app version and both myself and my test account are running the same version and this is "New" teams. Have tried on multiple corporate laptops as well unfortunately. Hadn't checked in the browser version of teams but have just tried and unfortunately the same issue occurs with the transcript not available. This is when running in the latest version of Edge.

I'll keep digging but have basically ran out of ideas!

Thanks for your help

James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to further update this, up until now i've only been testing on standard user laptops. I've just logged in to my personal laptop with a test account that is having the issue. When using teams on my laptop as the test account, I can view the transcription fine. Seems like it's going to be a policy/permission that is going out to all the standard user machines. Now to figure out what!

Error logs if helpful

Latest errors for 2716e0b4-28c3-4738-839e-f20bc9edfd6f
2024-05-02T13:54:48.069Z Err  resolverUncaughtErrorBoundary__doNotAssignToGraphQLTeam: Uncaught error in a GraphQL resolver for operation "getMeetingArtifactsTranscript", at field selection path "getMeetingArtifactsTranscript" - {"message":"Unexpected error value: \"[getTranscript] failed, errorCode: undefined\"","locations":[],"path":["getMeetingArtifactsTranscript"]}
2024-05-02T13:54:48.069Z Err  resolverUncaughtErrorBoundary__doNotAssignToGraphQLTeam: Uncaught error in a GraphQL resolver for operation "getMeetingArtifactsTranscript", at field selection path "getMeetingArtifactsTranscript"
2024-05-02T13:54:48.069Z Err  TranscriptService: [getTranscript] GET failed (threadId 19:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***, transcriptId 2b461df7-73e7-4565-97fe-374231dc1b1d, organizerId 2716e0b4-28c3-4738-839e-f20bc9edfd6f@41653b6c-31bb-4969-92be-6a68d38f29c5, messageId 0). Error code undefined.
2024-05-02T13:54:43.364Z Err  resolverUncaughtErrorBoundary__doNotAssignToGraphQLTeam: Uncaught error in a GraphQL resolver for operation "ComponentsMessageSharedDownloadMeetingArtifactsTranscriptMutation", at field selection path "downloadMeetingArtifactsTranscript" - {"message":"Unexpected error value: \"[downloadTranscript] failed, errorCode: undefined\"","locations":[],"path":["downloadMeetingArtifactsTranscript"]}
2024-05-02T13:54:43.364Z Err  resolverUncaughtErrorBoundary__doNotAssignToGraphQLTeam: Uncaught error in a GraphQL resolver for operation "ComponentsMessageSharedDownloadMeetingArtifactsTranscriptMutation", at field selection path "downloadMeetingArtifactsTranscript"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For anyone that may come across this issue, we've now resolved it on our tenant. Resolution may not apply to many but just in case this helps anyone,

It would appear the URL api.cortana.ai is needed to view/download transcriptions within the teams app/web app. This URL was being blocked by our web filtering system and stopping this from working. I haven't found any mention of this URL needing to be allowed and no errors from the app or in the logs hasn't helped the issue either but it all appears to be working now.

Make sure this is on your allow list if you come across this problem!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 42 Applies to: