Teams recording screen sizing issue

For the last month or so my recordings in Teams are like the attached picture - myself in full screen but only taking up about a third of the left half of the screen, and the guest zoomed in (which we both used to be previously) taking up the full half of their screen. I can’t seem to change it so we each take up all of our section of the screen. My half is the issue. The guest half on the right is how mine was previously.

|

Hi Squarepeg, Thank you for reaching out. My name is Furkaan, a user just like you. I’d be happy to help you with your concerns. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to directly modify the screen size of an existing Teams recording. The recording captures the specific layout that was chosen during the meeting. Here are some workarounds you can try for future recordings: Desktop sharing: Instead of relying on the automatic screen capture, use desktop sharing to specifically share the content you want to record. This will give you more control over the size and placement of the content on the recording. Third-party app: Consider using a third-party screen recording application like OBS Studio (https://obsproject.com/download) to capture your screen and webcam simultaneously. This will give you more flexibility in terms of customizing the recording layout and size. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there - until a month ago it always recorded us both like the right hands half. I haven’t changed any settings. It changed when trans was updated from classic teams. I don’t know why?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, That makes sense. The issue likely arose after transitioning from the classic Teams experience to the new one. Here are some possibilities why your recordings are different now: Default Layout Change: It's possible that the default recording layout in the new Teams is different from the classic version. In classic Teams, it might have automatically captured both participants in equal halves, while the new Teams prioritizes the organizer (you) in a smaller window and enlarges the guest. Missing Setting: There might have been a setting in classic Teams to control recording layout that's absent in the new version. Microsoft might be rolling out these controls gradually. Here's what you can do: Check Teams Settings: Take a look around the new Teams settings to see if there's an option for recording layout. While there might not be one currently, Microsoft might have added it in an update you haven't received yet. Report the Issue: Consider submitting feedback to Microsoft about the recording layout change. They might not be aware of the inconvenience it's causing users and your report could influence future updates. You can usually find a "Report a Problem" option within the Teams app itself. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I’m on an iMac 27 inch M1. Not sure how to do desktop sharing to record in teams. Whenever I’ve tried to record using third party such as obs it’s only recorded one side of the audio.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I understand the frustration! Recording Teams meetings with desired layouts can be tricky on a Mac, especially with the recent changes and third-party app limitations. Here's a breakdown of your options: Desktop Sharing in Teams: While desktop sharing in Teams isn't the most intuitive on Mac, here's a general guide: Initiate or join a Teams meeting. Click the "Share content" button (it looks like a monitor with an upward arrow). Choose "Screen" to share your entire screen or "Window" to share a specific application window. Once you select what to share, click "Start sharing." Recording with Desktop Sharing: There are two ways to record while using desktop sharing: Teams Recording: Once desktop sharing starts, click the three dots (...) next to the "Stop sharing" button and select "Start recording." This will record the meeting from your perspective, including the shared screen and your webcam (if enabled). QuickTime: If Teams recording doesn't capture both sides of the audio, you can use QuickTime to record the entire screen while sharing in Teams. Here's how: Open QuickTime Player. Go to "File" > "New Screen Recording." Click the dropdown arrow next to the record button and choose "Entire Screen." Click the "Record" button to start capturing. Share your screen in Teams as described earlier. Once the meeting is over, stop screen recording in QuickTime. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. Appreciate the suggestions. I think screen sharing will mean getting a small picture of myself in the bottom right, whereas I want to go back to the previous setting of equal halves, as being able to see both is important in these meetings. It’s a pain. We might have to switch platforms I think. Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I regret to inform you that I don't have further troubleshooting steps to offer. I trust that other knowledgeable users on the forum may provide additional insight into your issue and that this helps you reach a positive outcome. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I had hoped someone else might come along. I can’t get help from Microsoft as I bought my office 365 from a vendor online (Also, Germany) and they are in my contact Microsoft and they don’t answer, rather than Microsoft. It’s a pain.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 36 Applies to: