Teams plugin disappeared from Outlook client

The Teams plugin disappeared from Outlook client for quite a number of my staff members.  But we are able to schedule the Teams meetings online at https://outlook.office.com/.  The Teams plugin disappearing issue in Outlook has just cropped in the last 1 week or so.

Has anyone run into the same issue and how did you fix it?

Answer
Answer
Hello PraveenPatel,

My name is Juan Pedro and I'm a fellow customer and expert user. I will be more than happy to assist you today!

The Teams Meeting add-in is automatically installed for users who have Microsoft Teams and either Office 2010, Office 2013 or Office 2016 installed on their Windows PC. Users will see the Teams Meeting add-in on the Outlook Calendar ribbon.

There are additional considerations if your organization runs both Teams and Skype for Business. Under some circumstances, the Teams add-in is not available in Outlook. See Upgrade from Skype for Business to Teams for details.

User permissions to execute the Regsvr32.exe file is a minimum requirement for the Teams Meeting add-in to be installed on the computer.

If users do not see the Teams Meeting add-in, instruct them to close Outlook and Teams, then restart the Teams client first, then sign in to Teams, and then restart the Outlook client, in that specific order.

If you are using an Office Outlook installation from the Microsoft Store, the Teams Meeting add-in isn't supported. Users who require this add-in are advised to install Click-to-Run version of Office, as outlined in Office on Windows 10 in S mode article.

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 11,881 Applies to: