TEAMS Phone System

Hello,

My company is in need of a phone system that will provide us the following functionality:

• Have a dedicated phone number for a Compliance Hotline

• Route/forward that phone number to an individuals cell phone

• Have a unique caller id so that when it rings to an individuals cell phone, it shows that it’s from the Compliance Hotline

I appreciate any help on this matter.

Many thanks,

Fred

Dear Fred,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist.

We do understand that you have some queries regarding teams phone system set up. Based on your description, you can set up a teams call queue for the hotline.

• Have a dedicated phone number for a Compliance Hotline

In creating the call queue, you have to create a resource account and assign a Phone number to it. This is what the users will call.

• Route/forward that phone number to an individuals cell phone

In the call queue, you can then assign a user or users to pick up the incoming calls to the queue usually called agents. These should be teams users and the calls that come in will be routed to them via the teams desktop app or mobile app.

• Have a unique caller id so that when it rings to an individuals cell phone, it shows that it’s from the Compliance Hotline

When an agent or user receives an incoming call from a call queue, this will indicate that the call is for the queue (call for xxx/showing the call queue resource account name) on the incoming call banner. Example in screenshots below from my test lab on both desktop and mobile.

Image Image

For more info, please see Create a call queue in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

Your patience and cooperation are much appreciated. Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Ashraf | Microsoft Community Moderator

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2023 Views 26 Applies to: