Teams No Longer Recognizes My Email As Valid

I am a one-person consultancy. Since it's only me, I use Microsoft 365 Family; I do not use any organization/business license for Microsoft products. This past weekend, I had to update my email server, since my old provider (Webfaction) has been purchased by/rolled into GoDaddy. So with my son-in-law's help (he's a software programmer) we ported my email from the Webfaction server to GoDaddy; GoDaddy uses Outlook 365, so that's now how my email is set up. My email address and my domain name did not change.

Since the email switch, I have been unable to access Microsoft Teams as before on my laptop. (I am still able to use it as before on my iPhone and iPad.) Teams keeps telling me when I try to access it on my laptop that "You don't have access to the <my email address> org in Teams. Select another org, or contact your admin for more details." Also, one of my clients has included me as a Guest in one of their project Teams, and that access no longer works, either. The client has tried deleting me and adding my email address again, but with no luck in my gaining access to critical project information.

Teams will let me in if I act as if this is a "personal account," but it's not syncing with my Microsoft 365 products, and if I'm in as a "personal" account, I still can't access my client's Team as a Guest.

NOTE: Previously, I don't recall doing anything to set up my email address as an organization in Teams, but maybe I did - is that something that needs to be done?

How can I get Teams working again on my laptop computer??? Thanks for any help.

Hi, I'm Sergio, it's a pleasure to help you.

You should try some options.
1. Add your new e-mail address as an alias in your old account.
After it you need to change your primary alias.

You can see how to do in:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-or-remove-an-email-alias-in-outlook-com-459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2

2. You can evaluateto create a new free organization with your new address to use it like before you change the address but using the new address.

Greetings.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sergio:

Thanks for the quick reply. However, as I stated, my email address HAS NOT CHANGED; it remains the same, including the domain name after the "@" sign. Thus, there's no "new" email address to add as an alias to my Outlook 365 account. The only thing that changed was the service provider that delivered my email...that went from Webfaction (as delivered via an IMAP account to my Outlook desktop client) to GoDaddy (as delivered through GoDaddy's workspace to Outlook 365). I had not previously used Outlook 365 until this weekend (but have used other of my Microsoft 365 products, such as Outlook desktop client, Word, Excel, etc.). It seems the switch from Webfaction/IMAP/desktop Outlook client to GoDaddy/Outlook 365 seems to have broken my ability to use Teams in a Windows 10 environment. (As I mentioned, using Teams with my Apple devices seems unaffected.)

Any other suggestions? Is there a cache I need to clear?

I've restarted (multiple times), uninstalled Teams and reinstalled it, and nothing seems to work. I see some posts talking about "setting up their organization" in Teams, but I didn't ever have to do that in prior use over the past ~ 18 months since I started using Teams. Do I need to set up (or edit) my "organization" in Teams (and if so, how?)?

Thanks,

Sharon

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In this case, you try:
1. delete all cache files:
- Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client.
- Go to File Explorer, and type in appdata\Microsoft\teams.
- Once in the directory, you'll see a few of the following folders:
a. From within Application Cache, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
b. From within Blob_storage, delete any files that are located in here if any.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
c. From within Cache, delete all files.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\Cache
d. From within databases, delete all files.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\databases
e. From within GPUCache, delete all files.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache
f. From within IndexedDB, delete the .db file.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB
g. From within Local Storage, delete all files.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
h. Lastly, from within tmp, delete any file.
* appdata\Microsoft\teams\tmp
. You must restart the app and try again.
2. if the problem continue, try in a clean boot environment.
This process isn't a Windows reinstallation, you don't lost any setting or program.
you can see how to do in:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
3. What happen if you try to acces using the Team web app from your computer?
Note: if your e-mail don't changed, you don't will need to change your
organization details.
if the problem continue, you will need to contact with your service
provider to get more details that can be useful to solve the problem.

Greetings.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sharon - do you see the same issue on both the desktop & web app? (https://teams.microsoft.com)? It sounds like it could be localized cache on your machine and it might need to be cleared - the steps provided below from SergioA2020 should be good to help with that.

Thanks.

Sam Cosby | Teams Engineering PM

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank You Sergio. I am traveling right now without consistent/reliable internet. When I return to stronger connectivity I’ll give this a try. & update on whether it’s successful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sam. Yes, it happens with both the web and desktop client. I am traveling right now without consistent/reliable internet. When I return to stronger connectivity I’ll give Sergio’s cache clearing instructions a try. & update on whether it’s successful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2024 Views 1,336 Applies to: