teams meeting link doesnt find teams on my surface 09 laptop

why doesn't teams meeting link find the teams app eiather on my surface 09 or via abrowser

|

Hi Jonathon, Thank you for reaching out. My name is Furkaan, a user just like you. I’d be happy to help you with your concerns. There can be a few reasons why clicking a Teams meeting link isn't launching the Teams app on your Surface laptop or opening in your browser. Let's go through some troubleshooting steps: Check Default App: On your Surface, search for "default apps." Click on "Choose defaults by link type." Search for "teams" and select "Microsoft Teams." Click "Set default" to ensure Teams opens meeting links. Sign Out and Sign Back In (Teams App): Open Teams and click your profile picture in the top right corner. Select "Sign out." Log back in to Teams and try the meeting link again. Browser vs. App: Teams meetings can be joined through the app or the web version. Try opening the meeting link in both your browser (like Edge or Chrome) and the Teams app to see which works. Guest User: If you're a guest invited to a Teams meeting, you might not be able to join through the app. The organiser might have limited access for guests. Try joining through the web version in this case. App Update: An outdated Teams app could cause issues. Check for updates in the Microsoft Store and install any available ones. Restart Needed: Sometimes a simple restart of your Surface can resolve temporary glitches. Restart your laptop and try the meeting link again. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for the assistance. have tried all your suggestions but still, see attached

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jonathon, I regret to inform you that I don't have further troubleshooting steps to offer. I trust that other knowledgeable users on the forum may provide additional insight into your issue and that this helps you reach a positive outcome. Thank you, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 4 Applies to: