Teams Gallery View - in browser

I have to use an internet browser to access teams as my employment does not allow the Teams app to be downloaded. Is there a way to do gallery view so I can see more than 1 person at a time in meetings? Right now there is no option under settings to change the view - will this eventually become a feature?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products, I will be more than happy to help you.

You can see multiple speakers on the meeting via web browsers but unfortunately, it's not possible to have a gallery view in the web browser as of the moment but this is indeed a good suggestion to be considered by the developer team.

I invite you to submit a feature request or suggestions for improvements to the developer team: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Kind Regards
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

42 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you able to see multiple speakers at the time via web browsers? Right now it is only whoever is speaking or who I have pinned that I can see and my understanding was that gallery view was the name for viewing multiple participants at one time. Even if I can't see everyone, it would be great to see more than 1 person.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In MS Teams, the gallery view is a different feature from the regular view. This feature enables users to see up to 49 meeting participants on the screen. 
https://allthings.how/how-to-enable-large-galle...

However, you should be able to see more than one participant in a meeting via a web browser, if you can only see the profile pictures of the participants during the meeting it means they turn off their camera.

DISCLAIMER:
The link above is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kind Regards
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products, I will be more than happy to help you.

You can see multiple speakers on the meeting via web browsers but unfortunately, it's not possible to have a gallery view in the web browser as of the moment but this is indeed a good suggestion to be considered by the developer team.

I invite you to submit a feature request or suggestions for improvements to the developer team: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Kind Regards

Microsoft teams is the worst video application we use - and we've tried many.

The desktop version allows gallery view but causes the bluetooth connection to crash every time.

We therefore moved to the browser version.  Although it takes ages to log in each time, at least bluetooth is stable.  However, it's only possible to see one other person.

What a load of rubbish.  Thank goodness for Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, Google, Free Conference Call and the others.  We use these in preference to Teams every time.

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It would be so helpful for us to have this feature as a school. Our students are lent Chrome Books which cannot have apps installed on them which means our students who are really having some loss of social connections cannot see all of each other during certain class functions.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been trying to find a solution to use desktop application of Microsoft Teams in Windows 10 for the last one week but no solution could be found out.  I am able to use the Web application but Gallery view is not available .  New Meeting experience option is also not available in the settings of the application.  During Covid lock down period, school teachers are forced to use the above application.  But I find that Microsoft Team is sleeping on this issue and not providing any solution.  If they are not interested to provide any solution, they should withdraw this application.  This causes lot of tension to the teachers and most of them are somehow managing.  The application is behaving differently in different Windows version and very few people are able to work smoothly in this application.  Hope this post will open their eyes and provide a quick solution 

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Using Large Gallery View and New Meeting Experience are enabled by your tenant in the Microsoft Cloud. Please check with your administrator to make they have turned it on if it is rolled out for your tenant. Microsoft does not control if admins enable all the features for their users or not. 
http://imjustanengineer.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-top-10-windows-phone-apps.html

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is not the problem with the settings.  I recently purchased a new lap with Windows 10 Pro.   I am able to see New Meeting Experience, Gallery View and Large Gallery View.   But in my previous laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909, it was not working.  I think, it is a problem with Windows version.  But in the old laptop also, I am regularly installing the updates.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RAMAKRISHNANCHERGAPADATH I have also been having similar problems with the single video feed.  My findings are that multiple video feeds are supported in Legacy Edge browser however only single video feed currently  supported in the newer Chromium based Edge

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's available very soon!

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2024 Views 68,528 Applies to: