Teams for Mac - No Chat Notification Sound

Hi,

I'm not getting an audible notification for chat messages in Teams for Mac desktop app. I am getting sounds for calls and meetings started by someone. Just not chats. I have check the settings 1000 times and have tried re-installing the app. I am on a MacBook Pro running Monterey. Please help, this is highly annoying and the amount of time I've spent on trying to fix it is ridiculous.

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi loamo Chichi

Greetings

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Kindly visit https://teams.microsoft.com and check the notification settings there too, and test to see if notifications are not received when you receive a chat notification there too.

May you clear the teams cache as it tends to cause teams to not function well :

# Right click the Microsoft Teams icon, then click quit

#Open Finder, then click Go and select Go to Folder

# Copy and paste the following into the Go to Folder box, then click Go :  ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft

# Right click on the Teams folder and then select Move to Trash.

# Click the magnifying glass in the top right corner of your screen to open Spotlight search, then enter keychain and select keychain Access, then search for Microsoft Teams and locate the Microsoft Teams Identities cache entry.

# Right click to delete the entry and then close Keychain Access.

# Then Relaunch Microsoft Teams after cache is cleared, then test to see if the issue persists.

Kind Regards,

Momo

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 5,023 Applies to: