Teams Error code - 6

Hi

I am a technical support engineer. Only one user cannot access his Teams for desktop

. Initially he had an error " we can't connect you...0xCAA330194". I set his teams to run in compatibility mode with Windows 7 then it seemed like it was loading but just stooped with another error " "We're ran into an error. Error code - 6.."

Signed user out of the web version. Un-installed and re-installed Teams from teams.microsoft.com. Cleared all the Teams cache files. Deleted the roaming profile of Teams from the user's system. The user logged on to portal.office.com then signed out and I downloaded the app again directly from the portal and tested. Same error. Ran sfc /scannow command. Requested our Office 365 admin to disable the users Teams license and enable again to check the result. Waiting on their feedback. The user is able to use the web client in the meantime and can use the mobile version. 

Any help would be appreciated as i am out of ideas on this issue.

Thanks

Answer
Answer

Hi Mario101,

This seems to be a normal error message. The reason for the problem cannot be obtained from the error message. So please try the following methods for troubleshooting:

#1. Go Windows Settings > Accounts > Access work or School > check if the work account connected before, if not, add it, if so, remove and reconnect. Then try to sign into Teams to see the result.

#2. I think this issue is more likely to be related to the local environment, I suggest you create a new Windows profile to see how it goes.

#3. Can affected users log on to other people's computers? May I know when this problem occurs? Before that, can this user log in to the Teams on this computer?

Thanks,

Linda

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2023 Views 805 Applies to: