Teams App on Mac Not Loading Stuck on White Screen

Hi, 

I have been using Teams app on Mac Mjave 10.14.6, it has been working fine but since last couple of weeks when I open it does not load and stays as white screen. I have been using the web application in the mean time.

When opening the package contents and the 'Teams' terminal file I receive this:

Last login: Tue May 5 15:40:30 on ttys000 Phillips-MBP-2:~ Phillip$ /Applications/Microsoft\ Teams.app/Contents/MacOS/Teams ; exit; 2020-05-05 15:41:56.171 Teams[16975:12651535] *** WARNING: Textured window is getting an implicitly transparent titlebar. This will break when linking against newer SDKs. Use NSWindow's -titlebarAppearsTransparent=YES instead. 2020-05-05 15:41:56.418 Teams[16975:12651535] ADAL version 2.6.9 2020-05-05 15:41:56.425 Teams[16975:12651535] ADAL 2.6.9 Mac 10.14.6 [2020-05-05 14:41:56] ERROR: InvalidArgumentError: authority In function: -[ADAuthenticationContext(Internal) initWithAuthority:validateAuthority:tokenCache:error:], file line #52 2020-05-05 15:41:56.425 Teams[16975:12651535] ADAL 2.6.9 Mac 10.14.6 [2020-05-05 14:41:56] ERROR: Error raised: (Domain: "ADAuthenticationErrorDomain" Code: AD_ERROR_DEVELOPER_INVALID_ARGUMENT ProtocolCode: "(null)" (node:16975) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'errorCode' of undefined at AdalSsoService.ssoFailed (/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/adal-impl-mac.js:177:39) at acquireToken.then.catch (/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/adal-impl-mac.js:160:18) (node:16975) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2) (node:16975) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I have tried deleting all of the associated com.microsoft.teams files from application support. I am using the free application through my school email address

Sorry for the font formatting, this is a copy and paste on a chat where I was referred to ask this question here.

Thanks in advanced.

Phillip

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello PhillipChung,

My name is Juan Pedro and I'm a fellow customer and expert user. I will be more than happy to assist you today!

Did you allow Teams as a secure App in your Mac?

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202491

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Juan Pedro,

Thank you for your response, I have allowed Teams as a secure app and have not been prompted otherwise from the security setting. The app opens fine but is then stuck at loading with a white window. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this also happening to the Web version of Teams? https://teams.microsoft.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having this exact issue. I tried multiple time deleting cache and also uninstalling and reinstalling and its still the same. Even the online version on Safari is also the same , cannot initialize or load. However I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and the online version loads on that fine. But i cannot do any calls?!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. I am having the same issue on the Mac. When i try logging in through browser or the app the it gets stuck at initializing stage. 

On the app i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Each time i get the screen to enter in my email and click next. I then get this screen.

Doesn't even ask me for a password. But i get a text to enter in the code as MFA is enabled.  But doesn't go any further than this screen.

On the browser the same happens. When a clear the cache and history. I get the option to enter my email, password and then the SMS code. 

After that the screen stays like the one below saying initializing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am new to the Teams app but not to MAC's.  As suggested earlier I have no problems in System Preferences, Security & Privacy, in fact I gave Teams full disc access and accessibility, rebooted, and still the white screen!  Using the Edge-Dev browser I can log in and works ok.  iOS devices are OK. Checked Norton AV for security issues with Teams and there are none!  This is both on iMAC and MBP running Catalina 10.15.4. 

Again.  Teams App problem but browser is ok!

Thanks

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Works for me with the Edge-Dev browser!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this same issue with Teams, only shows the "Loading" window and it never goes away.  I have uninstalled the app and rebooted before reinstalling but still have the same problem on MacBook.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We were having the same issue on corporate machines. We followed steps below and it has fixed the issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/user-help-register-device-on-network 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

We are having the same issue on corporate machines but on a mac, you can not associate work/school ms accounts on a mac. Anyone find a fix? I think the issue has to do with whatever your "default" browser was as it does not load in safari but will in chrome and any new browsers. Still need the desktop client to be fixed...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 11, 2021 Views 4,224 Applies to: