TEAMS APP ON IPAD NOT WORKING

I've downloaded and installed the Teams App from the Apple Store onto my iPad which is running IOS 13.3.1 and is an iPad (5th Generation) with plenty of storage space.  I am running on my home wifi. 

I have set up a Teams meeting and invited myself on a private email address as a guest as a test run.  (I want to invite a number of guests to a Teams meeting but I don't want to make them Team members).  When I attempt to join the meeting it invites me to install the App, which I have done.  However, when I click on the launch app link in the screen I reach after clicking the Join Meeting link, the link does not activate and does not launch the app.

I can't join using the browser as it says browser (Safari in this instance) not supported.  I have also tried copying the link into Chrome and that doesn't work either.

I have checked the Teams settings in Apps settings and the services (microphone, camera etc are not showing as activated).  

I also have an iPad Pro which is running Teams just fine and it works on my iPhone.

Help!  Whatever is going on?  It should be so simple, device agnostic. Not a good advertisement for something which is supposed to run easily.  My organisation is a charity user and doesn't have access to a huge IT team.  I am IT!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can I also add that I had to go to the Apple Store to download the Teams App as when I downloaded it as it invited me to do from the meeting link it downloaded the file and then it didn't install automatically.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Stella Currie,

For your situation, it's abnormal that Teams just has the access to Siri & Search and Background App Refresh. The access to Contact, Photos, Bluetooth, Microphone, camera and Notifications should also be displayed. You may try to Clear app data, then uninstall Teams. Download and install Teams from the App Store again, or via the link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-teams/id1113153706#?platform=ipad. The latest version id 2.0.8 released on April 23.

Meanwhile, are you able to use Teams functioning in the app? Like joining a meeting or starting a call in the Teams.

Best,

Shawn

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Shawn,

I have done a bit more digging on this as I have the same issue with my IPad. The issue is definitely with Safari interacting with the Teams app. 

• I have installed the latest Teams App
  • Tried to click the link in the email / calendar invite and still it does not open the app. the "Launch it Now" link when clicked, does nothing.
  • I then installed Chrome browser, copied and pasted the link into chrome and the link worked perfectly.

It is a real shame that you cant change the default browser on IPads to say chrome.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For Safari on iPad OS, you may try to disable "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" to see it helps: Go to System Settings > Safari, uncheck "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" under PRIVACY & SECURITY.

Note: Changing this setting may impact your experience on other websites.

The logic behind: Safari 11.0 uses Intelligent Tracking Prevention to block third-party tracking cookies. Because of the way Intelligent Tracking Prevention categorizes cookies, login.microsoftonline.com gets lumped into this category (even though login.microsoftonline.com is not a tracking domain), and Microsoft Teams is prevented from opening.

Our engineers are working on this problem, but we haven't a timetable for its releasing. I believe our developer team is moving froward, and Teams will be better with your engagement.

Best,

Shawn

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We discovered that Settings>Safari>Request Desktop Website was set to ON and when set to OFF Teams loaded just fine.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We discovered that Settings>Safari>Request Desktop Website was set to ON and when set to OFF Teams loaded just fine.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi StellaCurrie,

That is great, worked a charm! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

TeamViewer and irc chat are ypur bffs

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I fixed the problem ( no internet  we cannot connect you....) with the app by opening "Clear app data" and closing and reopening the teams app.  

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hiya! I had exactly tge same orob yesterday! My ioad is a 5th generation one two! A mate of mine was sending me mtg requests thru her ipad pro! She has no prob whatsoever with connectivity, microphone and video working! We checked all mtg settings by googling what settings the ipad should  have! thry were all set anyway! Only thing not working was the video! The camera icon with line through it! Tried everything! No good!  Then.... my mate was using Bing and she came across a workaround! Hurrah! Once you do get connected into a call, quickly click in the red telephone ‘end call’ icon! And then quickly rejoin! Hey presto the video worked! 

Amazing! Must be an issue with the ipad 5th generation! Good  luck! 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 34,554 Applies to: