Teams and outlook are draining up my battery

Teams and outlook are draining up my battery so fast. At 30% battery my laptop just shows 9 minutes remaining! And after closing teams and outlook it becomes so much better.
<Correction>
Hi Ekta_93,

I'm Nik, an independent advisor here to assist you with this.

I have observed that most of the time Teams and Outlook are high battery uses app after chrome or your preferred browser. The matter of fact that these apps works in the background and continue to refresh to get the near real-time information.
I am sure that Microsoft team is constantly working on battery and performance in the client's app. We may hear some consistent improvement over the coming months.

Nevertheless, there are a couple of things that you can do to improve the battery performance, however, it may slow down your app background refreshes:

Go to profile pic > settings >
1. Open application in the background: Go to profile pic > settings > Uncheck "Open application in background"
2. Uncheck Enable logging for meeting diagnostics (*requires restarting Teams)

Set Laptop battery to high-performance mode, here are some battery saving tips for windows:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20443/...

*requires restarting Teams - manually restart the app by right-clicking the icon in your dock (Mac) or taskbar (Windows) and selecting Quit. After you quit, just click the app icon to open it again.

There is a lot of users’ feedback to Microsoft, but we still recommend you share your feedback and vote for making changes and fixing the issues. That can be done via Microsoft Teams UserVoice. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Please let me know if you have any question and I will be happy to assist.

Regards
Nik

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hi

hope everyone is good 

i have been having issues with my surface laptop 3, where my battery dies in about 2 to 4 hours of  ms teams calls and chrome, some youtube videos, is there anyway to improve or stop this

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2024 Views 4,034 Applies to: