Student license A1 unable to use MS Teams

Hi, we have recently decided to give access to MS Teams for our student partners but have found that even though we've assigned them the license, they cannot sign in and end up at an error page:

https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/licenseError?errorCode=TeamsDisabledForTenantForbidden

"You're missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams for Universidad Pedagógica Nacional"

These students have a Microsoft Teams license assigned via A1 plus for students, and we have also enabled Teams for the student licenses as referred to here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-sign-in/office-365-accounts-cannot-sign-in

So... what next? I need help…

Dear Jorge,

Based on the article, the students partners in your environment should access Microsoft Teams.

I'd like to confirm whether all student partners are unable to access Microsoft Teams. To confirm whether it is a network issue, I suggest you let them change a network environment to see the result.

For your reference:

How do I get access to Microsoft Teams?

Meanwhile, if you are the administrator, I'd like you to go to the Office 365 admin center>Active users>select one affected user>Licenses and Apps>Apps>upload a screenshot for us to clarify if Microsoft Teams is checked.

Moreover, if you let them use another browser, what's the result? Does the issue happen in all browsers?

Best Regards,

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi cliff

Thanks for answering

I am the IT administrator. We are exploring the Teams app. Teacher accounts were created 4 years ago with A1 plus licenses for teachers, those accounts can access Teams, but student accounts with A1 plus student licenses cannot enter Teams, even when it is activated in the license .

What do I have to do to get students to Teams?

How send you pics?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Jorge,

Thanks for your clarification and updates.

After investigation, I'd like to confirm whether the students are using the free version of the Teams applications on their computers. If yes, there may be some log-in issues in the free version of the Teams application. We have a specific channel coping with the free version of the Teams application related issues. I suggest you let them post a new thread  here for further help.

If their Teams applications aren't the free versions and they are using the older versions of the Teams applications, Microsoft has temporarily suspended blocking users from signing-in to the Teams applications due to the current situation with Coronavirus COVID-19. As you are the IT administrator, you can use the Teams update policies in the Teams admin center to control the automatic update of their Teams applications to see if they can log into the Teams applications.

Meanwhile, I suggest you let them log into the web version of Microsoft Teams to see if they can move forward as well.

If the Teams applications aren't free versions and are in the latest version, I'm afraid that there may be some issues in the students' accounts themselves. I kindly suggest you follow the steps in the article to open a support ticket to our related team to fix the account issues from backend.

Sorry for that our category may have limited resources on fixing the account issues from backend.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 766 Applies to: