Sharing screen from android not showing on my Windows Teams screen

I used to be able to join a Teams meeting on two devices. I could share my screen on an Android tablet. My other device is a Windows 10 laptop. 

Everyone else in the meeting can see my screen including me on my laptop. However now, on my laptop, the screen just shows the image of a person when the camera is switched off.

It was really useful to see my own presentation in case there were and time lags in the presentation.

Has something been changed in the settings?

Hi Felix,

Thank you for contacting us. Based on your description, this issue only happens when you use Teams in Android tablet to share screen. In this scenario, please try to reinstall Teams Android app to check if it helps. Besides, if you cannot view sharing screen in Teams desktop app in PC, please sign in Teams web client to check if the issue persists. 

Further, may I know your Teams Android app and Teams desktop app version?

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello.
I have tried as you suggested and it did not work.
I found that I can join a meeting with my android tablet and phone and the shared tablet screen is visible on the android phone. So it must be an issue with Teams desktop app and also web version as neither still enable me to see my tablet's screen when in the same meeting.

For the record, this is my android teams version
1416/1.0.0.2020050805, calling version 2020.10.01.1

My Windows PC version of teams is 1.3.0.12058 downloaded on 23/05/20

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Felix,

As far as I know, the new feature 3x3 meeting stage has just launched to Teams client in the recent update. And based on your description, this issue just happened recently, I believe this is related with the video presentation in Teams desktop and web client with the recent update. 

In this scenario, to better assist you, please refer to the private message I've sent to you.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2024 Views 744 Applies to: