SharePoint did not show up in Viva Learning

Hi,

I have configured Viva Learning in our O365 tenant with our SharePoint, however I'm facing the same issue like many others, our SharePoint content did not show up in the Viva Learning platform.

Whenever I click on Viva Learning in Teams, I can see my SharePoint but it disappears within few second. I have followed a few source and reconfigured a couple of time but still not able to get it work.

Any recommendation from the expert?

thanks,

Lon Lee

Dear Lon Lee,

Good day! Thank you for posting your query in our community.

Based on your description, you connected SharePoint to Viva learning in MS Teams. However, it will disappear within a few second. It's a strange phenomenon.

We assume the problem maybe relate to the backend, more resources need to be involved on the issue in your environment. I suggest you follow the steps in the article to open a ticket, this is a most efficient way to fix the issue in your environment. Because support team there will have specific diagnostic tools that can help troubleshoot this issue further, and their support will continue to investigate this issue and provide suggestion for you.

Appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Jazlyn | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Don Lee,

I have the exact same behaviour - did you find a solution for that?

Best

Henning

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also experiencing the same thing. Is there a solution?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Based on our experiences over the last couple of months - and research - and findings - one of the current annoyances is to wait for a day until stuff shows up in Viva learning. Whatever changes you apply - it takes overnight to get processed - so the sync tasks - as it appears to us - run at some time not configurable at the moment.

Expecially at the beginning, when you are not sure what the correct way is to define and utilize SharePoint for your content, it slows you down quite a bit.

Once you are confident enough it just is annoying, but you will be able to handle it,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We also have the same thing - our sharepoint name flashes up briefly but then nothing appears.

I've followed the instructions for the columns etc. But nothing in our courses.

Did anyone else who had this problem have it solved? If so, what was the solution?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We are experiencing this same thing. Reading others' experiences here makes me feel less crazy. I am relatively certain at this point that the problem is not the 24-hour sync window but rather something else. I have checked and double checked the permissions half a dozen times but nothing I do seems to have any effect, even if I wait the 24 hour period. Anyone make any headway on this?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My issue finally resolved. I heard a tip that you need to use M365 groups for permissions instead of SharePoint groups. I changed that and then a few days later I could see the content. I don't know if changing the groups actually worked or if it was coincidence, but I can see my content now.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Melissa,

Your tip was absolutely correct and has solved our problem. We created a 365 Group / Team and assigned the content to the Team and indeed within 24 hours our mysteriously disappearing SharePoint content repository problem had resolved and no longer disappears. If you want to assign content organization-wide, I guess you need to assign the group to an existing org-wide Team?

I just checked on the "Use Microsoft 365 Groups permissions with SharePoint content in Viva Learning" page (updated 12/7/2022 -- and which I assume must be new as I did not come across this while researching this issue over the last two months) which does now indicate "While only Microsoft 365 and Mail-enabled security group types are supported, it's recommended that you use a Microsoft 365 Group. Viva Learning doesn't support user-based permissions. Viva Learning won't ingest files that don't have associated Microsoft 365 Groups permissions."

Thanks,

Douglas

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Melissa, Douglas,

thank you for the tip. I monitored the Microsoft page several times during the last 4-6 weeks.

Indeed they changed the wording and placed more details for the solutions in there .

Use Microsoft 365 Groups permissions with SharePoint content in Viva Learning | Microsoft Learn

kind regards and a wonderful new year 2023 !

Jörg

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 1,987 Applies to: