Received email about being added to Teams group, but still get message You're missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams for...

I received an email from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" that i was added to a Teams group, after asking the admin to add me to the group. As expected.

But when i try to open Teams, either in the browser or in the app, I get message: "You're missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams for..."

I am using Ubuntu 21.04

Answer
Answer

Hi MG584

Greetings

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

That error message indicates that teams hasn't been enabled for you, despite being added to a Team.

You would have to ask your admin to enable teams for you if you're using Microsoft for education, instructions on how your admin can enable teams for you is listed in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/education/deploy/enable-microsoft-teams

If you're not using Microsoft for education, you'd have to confirm if a Teams license was assigned to you by your admin, from the Office 365 Admin center, because without a Microsoft Teams license a user cannot log into teams.

Please contact your admin to double confirm this.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Momo

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2023 Views 378 Applies to: