PVA chatbot image distorted or not showing on Teams

I created a chatbot by using PVA. When I test the chatbot on PVA, the images returned by the bot is fine. (Please refer to the image inserted)

I then connected it to Teams. So I faced this problem while testing the actual bot on Teams. The images sent by the bot were distorted or not showing at all. Please refer to the image attached.

All the image sources are from Google and public website. So, I was thinking maybe it's the image resolution problem. Is there any fixed image resolution for Power Virtual Agent?

I am unsure how to solve this problem and would like to get your advice. TIA!

Hello I’m Adeyemi and I’d be happy to help you with your question. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with images being distorted or not showing up when using your PVA chatbot in Teams. According to my search results, there is a limitation to use markdown inside Microsoft Teams. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General/Cannot-show-image-with-chatbot-Teams/td-p/779974. Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.' You can see the limitations here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-bot-framework-composer-example1 If you are working with Power Virtual Agents for the Teams, there is no way to show images in Teams yet. But if you are working with Power Virtual Agents for the Web, you can use Bot Framework Composer as mentioned in the link i shared the very first time. I hope this information helps! Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below Regards Adeyemi

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is any limitation on using the markdown (video) on Microsoft Teams.

I inserted the video links (YouTube link), but it worked on PVA when I was testing the bot, but not showing up in Microsoft Teams.

Thank you in advance for solving my problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2024 Views 262 Applies to: