Powerpoint Live Videos in Teams Presentation Won't Play For All Users

I have created a Powerpoint Live presentation and placed videos on multiple slides. One is an Vimeo Video, one is a Stream Video, and one is embedded directly within the PPT Live document. Upon presenting this slideshow via a Teams meeting, the only way for participants to see the video play is to have them click the play button on their own screen. Clicking play as the presenter will play the video for myself, but not for any of the participants.

With the embedded video, if I set the video playback to "Automatically" - then as soon as the slide loads, the video starts playing for all participants. However, if the presenter clicks pause, or skips around the video, it only does so for the presenter. Every other participant still has full control.

I have toggled the participant control on and off, and while that does stop participants from advancing through the slides forcing them to be in sync with the presenter, it does not fix the video control issue above.

According to the video I watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9cHu_YwZg8

everything I'm doing should be working, however the presenter does not have control over the video playback for its participants. Please help!

Hi Michael

My name is Daniel. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Not sure if it's an intermittent issue, as an alternative you can try this option.
- Please open PowerPoint presentation with PowerPoint desktop app.
- When you are trying to screen share, please select the "Window" section or the "Screen" section (see screenshot below) then select the PowerPoint desktop app you have opened.

Disclaimer:
This is a peer-to-peer support forum. I'm Non-Microsoft Staff, I don't work for Microsoft. Mostly everyone here are users, helping other users.

Kind Regards
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When choosing to share my screen or window, yes that fixes the controls issue. However streaming videos through powerpoint in this method has been incredibly (and frustratingly) inconsistent. Sometimes they play flawlessly, other times they won't play at all. It seemed like, based on the video link I referenced, migrating to a PowerPoint Live document for Teams presentation would eliminate 2 out of the 3 "hops" required for the streaming/transcoding of video. When I can get the video to play, the performance of it has been very good… but I need the ability to control the video playback as a presenter.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you please reset the MS Team app and see how it goes.

Please visit the following article and refer to the section, under the "Windows: Clear Teams Cache" section. https://www.uvm.edu/it/kb/article/clearing-team...

However, if the problem still persists then I'd like this issue to be investigated furthermore by MS Support to determine the best next steps for you. As business account users, you are entitled to the more advanced support you deserve, please take advantage of the opportunity.

With that said, there are 2 alternatives to reach out to MS Support:

Alternative 1.
Please visit the following link, scroll down, and select your country from the dropdown list: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admi...

Alternative 2: Via MS 365 admin center.
If you have MS 365 license you can go to https://admin.microsoft.com select support > New service request. You can choose whether you want to receive support via email or phone support. However, if you don't have MS 365 license then you need to reach out to your admin and ask the admin to open a new support ticket. This is optional, If necessary you can request your admin to put your number as the preferred contact method so MS Support can call your number. See the demo video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ywno9lR_4

DISCLAIMER:
There's a link above from the non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kind Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I followed all your steps to clear the cache (I'm on a Mac), and has the exact same experience when presenting the live document. I called MS365 support, but am unfortunately not an admin user, so they wouldn't speak to me. I have my company looking into authorizing me to get technical support, but as of right now am still unable to get the video controls to function properly in my presentation.

(Thanks for the assistance, btw)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please try to use MS Teams online instead

Please follow these steps below:
1. Please go to your computer then open your chrome or edge browser as the only recommended browsers to access MS Teams online.
2. Please go to MS Teams online https://teams.microsoft.com
3. Then try to log in.
4. Join a meeting & start a PowerPoint presentation.

Using MS Teams online will give you presentation control as shown in the screenshot below.

However, if the problem still persists you need to reach out to the Microsoft support team (which you are entitled to) for further investigations. As much as I'd like to help you but unfortunately, as fellow MS community users there's nothing much I could about it. I'm just a regular forum user like you too.

Kind Regards

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there any solution for this yet?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you get a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue today

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 7,280 Applies to: