Personal invites not selected on Teams channel meeting invite

Hi,

I have recently set up a Teams Meeting invite linked to a Standard channel but only invited a few individual people from the wider team and I did not selected the personal invite option. I understood that this would mean the people individually invited would receive a calendar invite to their Outlook but those not individual invited would just be able to see meeting in the Team channel and receive a notification about the post if their settings were set up like that. However as soon as I pressed send I received a number of bounce backs from emails I did not individually invite and also a decline has shown in the meeting in Teams (but I have not personally received) looking at the sent invite it includes the Micrsoft365 group email which there was no indication that the invite would be sent to and this does have the setting that new members will automatically have emails subscribe to go to their inboxes.

So could someone please clarify what the various Teams members will have received depending on their settings, and position on the invite?

Also as a follow on how will this differ for a Shared channel as I understand there is not Mircosoft365 group setup but also no option to select individual invites. So do they all receive individual invites as default or not at all an it will only be a Teams activity notification?

|

Hello Laura

Good day.

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We've received your query, and you can expect to receive response from one of our community moderators accordingly.

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ashraf.

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Laura,

Greetings. Apologies for the delayed response.

When you set up a Teams meeting invite linked to a Standard channel and only invite a few individual people without selecting the personal invite option, the invited individuals should receive a calendar invite in their Outlook. Those not individually invited can see the meeting in the Team channel and will not receive an email invite if 'send personal invites' is not turned on.

However, it seems there was an unexpected behavior with your invite. May I please know if this M365 group has any association whatsoever with this channel or parent team? Do you recognize the group address?

For Shared channels, since there is no Microsoft365 group setup, the behavior is different. Typically, members of the shared channel will not receive individual invites by default. Instead, they will see the meeting in the Teams activity feed and channel posts, and they will receive notifications based on their Teams notification settings.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Ashraf.

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 33 Applies to: