Outlook notifications when someone posts in teams

Can Outlook notifications be disabled when posting in Microsoft Teams so our inbox isn't full (which is the reason we are trying Microsoft Teams in the first place)?
Answer
Answer

Hello Vixen8,

For the concern you mentioned above, based on my research for the notification emails with Teams, and as far as I know it is more likely that you enabled the Teams chat notifications, and in this case the Teams would send notification emails to your mailbox when someone replied you or mentioned in the Teams.  You could try to disable the notification/ or change the notification types in the Teams with no emails, and then see if it helps, thanks.  Please click your Teams profile picture on the upright-corner of Teams > Settings > Notifications and then modify your settings there. For more details, please refer to https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage-notifications-in-teams-1cc31834-5fe5-412b-8edb-43fecc78413d.

Please feel free to share with me if you need any other helps, thanks.

Best Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2024 Views 3,056 Applies to: