OneNote for Windows 10, review student work, "no pages available for review" message.

For several weeks now, I've been unable to access the helpful "review student work" feature in my class notebook. When I try to review student work, I get the error message, "no pages available for review." I've tried accessing it with the online version of onenote and I get the same message. I've tried to sync my notebook, but it seems to be synced. I've also looked at other posts on this forum and I tried to "fix the permissions" but this has not fixed the problem. Currently, to see a page in my student's notebooks, I must open each notebook individually, which is time consuming. Is there any other fix that could solve this problem? 

Hi BethMMHS,

I go through your post carefully and I apologize for all the trouble it has caused and sorry about your time.

As per your description, it seems issue happen to both OneNote Widows 10 class notebook and OneNote online when you try to access review student work.  However, you already tried “Fix permission” but still issue persist.

As you are getting 'No Pages Available to Review’ message, based on my test I also meet same error message when I’m not distributed via Distribute Page tool. See image below for your reference:

I believe the page you are trying to view is not distributed via Distribute Page tool.

Generally, when we review pages, by default, the pages we’ll see are those which are assigned or distributed to students using the Distribute Page tool. If you want to review pages that students have copied from Content Library, please switch the toggle on to include those pages.

Reference: Review student work in Class Notebook

Result: 

Meanwhile, may I know the page you want to review is copied by students from Content library or created in some other way? Please provide us with this information, so we can find the relevant information. Also, please check if you see the switch.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards

Waqas Muhammad

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi BethMMHS,

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Waqas Muhammad

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for looking into this dilemma. 
All pages in my students' notebooks have been placed there using the "distribute page" tool/feature. I suppose they could have copied a page into the notebook, but everything I'm trying to review has been distributed by me. Additionally, this feature (review student work) has been working for me since early August of 2020 and only recently stopped working within the past month. I've not changed how I'm distributing pages. I'm not doing anything differently. 

Additionally, I'd be happy to adjust this toggle option to include pages that students have copied from the content folder, but I'm using OneNote for windows 10 and it doesn't have that toggle switch. Which version of OneNote are you using to create the screenshots in your reply to my post? Should I use a different version of OneNote? Why are there so many versions of OneNote? 

Thank you,

BethMMHS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi BethMMHS,

Thanks for sharing updates with us. 

The above screenshot I mention in my reply is OneNote for web but OneNote Windows 10 app have same toggle option to include pages that students have copied from the content folder, see image below for your reference: 

Meanwhile, could you please create a new class notebook and distribute a pages to students and see the outcomes. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards

Waqas Muhammad

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 199 Applies to: