No prompt to input authenticator code

Hello,

I am trying to login to Teams app on my phone. I am prompted with the two digit authenticator code, but the Authenticator App does not offer me the ability to input the two-digit code. Therefore, I cannot login to Teams. Can anyone explain how to fix this?

Thank you,

Lydia

Dear lidecks,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

Based on your description, I understand that you have a concern with the "No prompt to input authenticator code". Before we proceed, we need more detailed information about the situation you are experiencing.

Please help us in isolating the issue by providing the following information:

1. Have you added the account to your Authenticator app, was it functional previously?

2. Could you confirm that you are using the updated version of the Authenticator app?

3. Are you referring to Code Match for Multi-Factor Authentication? Could you please provide the screenshot for the page prompt of the code?

4. If you are referring to the Code match for Multi-Factor Authentication as in this screenshot, what happens if click on "Or, Sign in another way"?

In the meantime, if the issue persists, you may try asking the admin of the organization to reset the multi-factor authentication on your account. Moreover, to get reliable and effective assistance on the issues relating to the authenticator app, I suggest reposting your question in the Authenticator forum, microsoft-authenticator - Microsoft Q&A.

Please understand that our initial reply may not always immediately resolve the issue. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

Sincerely
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 22,136 Applies to: