New Teams ver. 24074.2323.2827.4973 does not work Dell Monitors with built in camera (c3422we & c2722de)

With the latest version of Teams, the monitor cameras do not work. I tried different computers and 2 different Dell monitors with built in cameras. They all have the same issues. See screen shot. If I install the previous version of Teams, the cameras work fine. I did update to the latest firmware on both camera's with the same results. The build in camera app also works with no problems.

|

Hi RonPWA, Thank you for reaching out. My name is Furkaan, a user just like you. I’d be happy to help you with your concerns. The image you sent confirms that you have selected the correct camera (Dell Monitor RGB Webcam) in the Teams video settings, but the preview is still black. Based on your information, it appears there is a compatibility issue between the latest version of Teams (ver. 24074.2323.2827.4973) and the Dell monitor cameras (c3422we & c2722de). Here are two possible solutions: Downgrade Microsoft Teams: You mentioned that the cameras work with a previous version of Teams. Downgrading to that version is a viable solution until a fix is available from Microsoft. Check for Microsoft Teams updates: While you mentioned you are using the latest version of Teams, it’s always a good idea to check for updates again. Microsoft may have released a hotfix that addresses this issue. Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful: Dell support for Webcam Does Not Work or is Not Detected on the Dell S2422HZ or S2722DZ Monitor https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000191500/webcam-does-not-work-or-is-not-detected-on-the-dell-s2422hz-or-s2722dz-monitor Microsoft Teams support for My camera isn't working in Microsoft Teams https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/my-camera-isn-t-working-in-microsoft-teams-9581983b-c6f9-40e3-b0d8-122857972ade If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 259 Applies to: