New Teams: Camera Settings Gone

Hello

Under Teams Classic - there used to be a number of camera settings under Settings > Devices > Camera such as Zoom/Pan/Tilt. Those settings no longer appear, to my knowledge, in New Teams. Am I missing something or did this feature not carry over?

Also, the webcam I am using, a Poly P5, has local software installed but those zoom/pan/tilt settings have never carried over to Teams (Classic or New).

Any advice? Did this feature disappear forever or am I missing where it is?

Teams User

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello I’m Adeyemi and I’d be happy to help you with your question. In the new Teams update, some settings may have changed or moved Here's how you can check your camera settings in the new Teams: 1. In Microsoft Teams, select Settings and more to the left of your profile picture at the top, then select Settings 2. In Settings, select Devices 3. Under Camera, select your webcam If you don't see the Zoom/Pan/Tilt settings, it's possible that these specific features did not carry over to the new Teams https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/using-video-in-microsoft-teams-3647fc29-7b92-4c26-8c2d-8a596904cdae. As for your Poly P5 webcam, if its local software settings are not carrying over to Teams, it might be due to compatibility issues between the webcam software and Teams. You could try reaching out to Poly's support for further assistance. I hope this helps Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below Regards Adeyemi

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Kindly please provide better feedback on what you can see now after trying all the listed suggestions so we can help troubleshoot further Regards Adeyemi

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Adeyemi

Not sure if you can edit your post but your hyperlink has a period at the end and won't work if someone just tries to click through.

I was looking for definitive confirmation on whether or not this functionality is gone for good not a link to Teams support that doesn't talk about question I raised.

Also, not sure if the Poly settings not carrying through to Teams is a MS issue or Poly issue but was just flagging if MS is going to get rid of functionality that previously existed it would be nice if Teams could pick up camera settings from webcam software (less desired approach in my opinion vs native settings). Again not looking to go down this path just flagging for those that read.

Teams User

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That was how the link was in my browser address, just copied it. The link was to show you the current features of the new teams and how the ones you mentioned are not there. Your feedback is great and It would be great if you communicate this directly to Microsoft. This will help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/how-do-i-give-feedback-on-microsoft-365-2b102d44-b43f-4dd2-9ff4-23cf144cfb11#platform=macOS Adeyemi

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a demo tomorrow, and was wondering why my camera now looks bad to give a product demo. And the update doesn't have the old settings. Bring this back or a way to solve it

45 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an issue for me as well with my Logitech C920. It's actually a twofold problem. First, as you pointed out, the "Camera Settings" link found in the old Teams under Settings (app-level, not in meeting) --> Devices --> Camera simply isn't there in the New Teams. I've checked with 6 co-workers who all have different camera models than me and we've confirmed this to be an issue both for external and USB cameras. Second, my camera comes with software (Logi G Hub) that lets me set those properties like Zoom and they apply system-wide. Every other app that uses my camera respects those settings - Zoom, WebEx, Twitch, etc. Not Teams, though. It clobbers them and uses default settings, instead. In my setup, my camera is about than 2 ft away from me, mounted to the wall to avoid vibration from my deck / keyboard / mouse. So I must use Zoom in the camera settings to make the scene look anywhere close to right. Default settings capture more than my green screen, so you end up with a really weird video with the edges covered by my actual room and the middle area replaced with my background image. It's not a good look. So I'm stuck in classic Teams until MSFT decides to add the Camera Settings option OR have Teams respect the system-wide camera settings.

71 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here. Logitech external webcam. In "New Teams" the "open camera settings" link doesn't exist so I get the default camera view. The underlying software still contains the code because if you change the settings in old Teams and then switch to "New Teams" it keeps the settings, but there's no way to change them in "New Teams". Stuck with old version until the settings link gets reinstated.

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I`m also missing this features - it`s super annoying that you aren`t able to even crop video by zoomin like in previous settings.

Do you have a plan to get back this settings in new version?

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree - I use the webcam settings every day to set the right zoom level. That option has disappeared - I'm using a Logitech webcam.

That feature is essential - please put it back. It would be even better if Teams could remember your preferred zoom level between reboots rather than having to set the zoom level daily. Please can you improve the product rather than remove key features.

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the software Logi Tune (or maybe it was Logitech capture) might be able to help you out. If I remember correctly, you can adjust your camera settings with it and in the MS Teams device options select "Logi Tune" instead of your actual camera. Should carry over the adjustments you made.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 23,409 Applies to: