New Microsoft Teams - People Status not syncing in real time with Teams Status

Since the latest update, there is a discrepancy between recipient status' in Outlook versus Teams e.g. on Outlook it may present a recipient status as Busy/Available, whereas in Teams they may in fact be Away/Out of Office.

|

Hi, Thank you for reaching out. My name is Furkaan, a user just like you. I’d be happy to help you with your concerns. You're right, this discrepancy in presence information between Teams and Outlook can be frustrating. There are a couple of things to try and get them in sync: Update Teams and Restart Applications: Make sure you and the recipients are running the latest version of Microsoft Teams. Updates often include bug fixes for presence issues. Once updated, try quitting and restarting both Teams and Outlook. This can sometimes refresh the connection and resolve temporary glitches. Reset Status and Check Registry Key (For Windows): In Teams, click your profile picture, go to "Status," and select "Reset status." This can nudge Teams to update your presence. This might be related to a registry key for Outlook. Look up instructions for setting the "DefaultIMApp" value in the registry to "MsTeams" for the new Teams client or "Teams" for the older version. Restart Outlook after this change. Check for Conflicting Settings: In some cases, settings within Teams itself can affect presence. Briefly disable "Do not disturb" and see if the status updates in Outlook. Consider Network Issues (For IT Admins): If you're an IT admin, there's a slight chance network configuration issues might be causing delays. However, this is less likely the cause for individual users. Here are some additional resources that might be helpful: Microsoft Community discussion on Teams presence: Microsoft Teams status not updating: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/microsoft-teams-status-not-updating/dbe50d1b-54b7-4eb6-81e5-d11d77c51ac6 If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Best Regards, Furkaan

Furkaan Jameel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Furkaan, thanks for getting back to me on this. I have tried all of the suggested solutions above but unfortunately none have resolved the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 49 Applies to: