My Teams app is not visible in search results to a user who uses professional Microsoft account

Hi all,

I am a developer of a published app in Microsoft Teams app store. I have built the app on behalf of my employer. When I search for the app in the app store, I get the result. Our clients also see our app as a search result when they search for our app (screenshot below).

However, one user from one of our recent clients is not able to see the app in the search results (screenshot below)

Can someone please help with the steps I can propose to my client so that they are able to install our Teams app?

Thanks!

Hi SaahilN,

Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, I know your requirement. So sorry to bring you inconvenience. To better you, please be kindly to tell me whether only the one user met this problem and others run it well?

If so, please be kindly to let the user try to use Teams on the web to check if he will meet the same problem on the web.

If he does not meet the issue on the web, it means there is something wrong with his Teams Application.

1. Clear Teams cache: Quit Microsoft Teams if it shows on the status bar>Copy and paste the following location (%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams) into File Explorer>Delete contents of the entire folder>Restart Microsoft Teams.

2. Update your Teams if your version is not the latest.

Hope the suggestions above can help you. If the issue persists, I sincerely suggest you get support from Teams. The engineers there are responsible for Teams issue, believe they will provide you further help. You can click Help>Report a problem. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Katherine

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Katherine,

All users in that user's organization are facing this issue. And they are facing the issue on web as well.

I think it is more related to their Microsoft account settings. Do you know any setting which can be changed by their admin user to show the app in app store?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SaahilN,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said that all useres meet the same problem, so it is not the issue with Teams. All users meet the same problem, it may be sue to the Teams App is bot allowed for users to use it. You can try steps as the following picture. And this need to be done by the admin. If you are not the admin, please be kindly to contact your admin to have a try.

Teams Admin Center>Teams App>Manage apps>Choose the app>Allow it.

Please check after setting this, if the issue can be solved. If you have any update or consult, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Katherine

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 6, 2022 Views 709 Applies to: