My New Meeting Experience Has Disappeared

I turned on my new meeting experience two weeks ago and now all of a sudden the new meeting experience is gone. It is suddenly unclicked on my settings and when I click it, log out and even restart, it's back to being unclicked when I go back to it. How do I get the new meeting experience back?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi ClaireZO,

My name is Didi, an Independent Advisor. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about the issue. Kindly check if there's a Teams app update by clicking your profile photo then 'Check for updates'. In case there's an update, please try signing out then sign back in.

Alternatively, you can try clearing Teams cache.

However, according to the techcommunity blog,
"In the near future, we’ll turn the experience on by default. Eventually, the setting to turn it on and off will go away."
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsof...

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Didi
as you can see from the rest of this thread, many of us have lost the option in settings to turn on the new meeting experience.  Any help is appreciated.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It is definitely account related. On the same machine, I logged out of just the Teams app with the account that has the disappearance problem, and log in to the app with a different account and the option reappears. All the while - I am logged in to the laptop itself with the same (problematic) account. The app version remains the same and the machine remains the same. The rest of the tenant users have access to the feature, and my account used to have access to it.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Blair,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Please try Claire's suggestion on this thread: "I got it back by clicking the "new experience" option in my settings, and then right-clicking the Teams icon in the taskbar, and clicking "quit". When I opened Teams back up, the new experience was back."

Alternatively, you may also consult with your IT admin who can also submit a support ticket to Microsoft.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Didi
(I am NOT a Microsoft Agent/Employee.)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I consulted Microsoft support about this. It was confirmed that the issue confronted users who use the microsoft phone system and are part of the Call Queue. It shoud be resolved by the end of September 🤞

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not been resolved. I've lost my new meeting experience this year. Setting is now gone, it was working fine for months.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try quitting Teams (right click the Teams icon in the taskbar, and choose "Quit." When you start Teams again, your new meeting experience should be back.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I currently have the same issue. Had "turn on new meeting experience" as a Setting in my settings on Teams. Last week, the setting itself disappeared from the list of options to select. Now, I don't even have it as a setting... that I can turn off or on. It's simply no longer there. It's not even an option.

I usually log into Teams meetings on several machines at the same time and the issue is the same on every machine.... the actual setting has disappeared. It's been there for months on all three of the machines that I use. For my job, I need to record people presenting and bring them into a video editing program to edit. For me personally, I had the "new experience" turned off to get true 1920x1080 full screen video of a single source (i.e. 1 person presenting) without the Teams interface controls either over laid on the presenter or on the top and "always" present. Utilizing the "old" way... I could Pin a presenter to keep their camera feed up the entire time, and then on the Teams overlay "More Actions" button I could "Enter Full Screen." The presenter would take up the entire 1920x1080 frame and if I moved the mouse off screen... the Teams interface would disappear... leaving me with what I needed to record which was the presenter full screen, clean and filling the entire 1920x1080 space.

With the "new" experience... I get the presenter, the Teams interface buttons at the top, and small video feeds of everyone else in the meeting along the bottom. I cannot get rid of the interface or the other participants. This is incredibly frustrating because there seems to be no fix.

In an earlier post @BlairPurvis said, "It's definitely account related." I agree. I tried logging in on a colleague's machine who had the setting in his account and when I logged in with my log in and settings... the "turn on new experience" setting wasn't there. He logged in again right after I logged out and the setting was there for him. We also checked and we are running the same version of Teams. So, it's an issue with the account. We've ruled out:

- It's not simply checking or unchecking the setting -- The setting has DISAPPEARED all together

- It's not solved by logging out and logging back in -- No matter the machine, the setting is not there for that user

- It's not the version of Teams that is currently being run on the machine

- It's got to be an issue with the account -- 2 people logged in on the same machine... 1 has the setting and the other doesn't

Please Microsoft....... get to the bottom of this let us know what the fix is.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try clicking on your profile picture, click on Check for Updates, and when it's done, right click the Teams icon in your task bar and choose Quit. Fixed the problem for me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Claire.... but that did not work for me. There has got to be something with the Account Settings. I could see this working if you only have 1 machine in Teams. I've usually got 3 machines logged into the same account in the same meeting. I'm recording 1 feed, interacting w/ the presenter on the 2nd and may times either showing them graphic slides on the 3rd or sometimes I'm feeding the presenter their script on the 3rd machine. It's strange that the setting disappeared in all accounts at the same time... and it was even gone on a colleagues computer when I logged into my account on his machine. Under his log in... the setting was there.... so it's got to be something with the account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this EXACT issue still as well. my account I sign in and get the vintage experince last seen May 2020 and still in March 21 I can't for the life of me force the new meeting experience or features.

It is driving me UP THE WALL.

I am the Teams champion for my org and can't do any demo's with my own account it's so bloody frustrating. I have tried everything in this thread so so many times. so frustrating honestly

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2022 Views 4,567 Applies to: