My MTR room will not sign into Teams suddenly.

We have 6 devices that suddenly started showing offline and the device shows it cannot sign into Microsoft Teams. I can, however, sign into the same account via private window with no issue. We are having a hard time figuring out why these devices are suddenly having this issue. They are not on our domain and are not being blocked by our firewall. Has anyone else seen this?

Hello Rebecca,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble signing into Teams on your MTR room. There could be several reasons why this is happening. One common issue is related to the resource account sign-in. In the Teams Rooms Pro Management portal, one or more signals that are related to the sign-in process may be shown as Unhealthy.

Some other symptoms of sign-in issues include:
- The room console shows a banner at the top indicating that the sign-in fails.
- Scheduled meetings aren't listed on the room console.
- The room's display name is missing.
- Although scheduled meetings are listed on the room console, the Join button is unavailable and you can't start an unscheduled meeting¹.

One possible solution is to check whether multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled for Teams Rooms resource accounts. Teams Rooms resource accounts shouldn't be configured to use MFA.

You can also follow this link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteam...

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Jayzar

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

These devices are in an MFA bypass group in our system.

Thank you,

Rebecca Tyree

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rebecca,

The Teams client may not be running the most recent update or there may be a problem with the sign-in configuration.

You can try running the Teams Sign-in diagnostic or use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to troubleshoot the problem. Full guide: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteam...

If the problem continues, you might require help from the Microsoft support staff so they can access the account and perform a more thorough investigation. You can use this link to create a ticket: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365...

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Jayzar

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rebecca,

Did you get your issue resolved? I have the same issue where randomly goes offline and won't sign in to Teams ang giving message of unable to sign in to teams.

One workaround is to connect the device via Wifi or Hotspot.

Keen to know how your issue was resolved and I am still having the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here- although now not even wifi works. It did before!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

tengo el mismo problema, el dispositivo con cuenta de otra organización funciona bien pero mis cuentas de resource el dispositivo no se conecta a la cuenta, es muy similar al problema cuando el dispositivo tiene un segundo método de autenticación (MFA) pero todas estas cuentas están excluidas para una configuración policial en el acceso condicional con la excepción (excluir) pero el dispositivo no funciona bien y no se conecta a la cuenta de resource, si algunos tiene alguna novedad por favor compartan desde aquí, ya abro un caso en MS.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 4,047 Applies to: