MS Teams - My status indicates I am away even when I am online and active on my laptop.

MS Teams - My status indicates I am away even when I am online and active on my laptop. It will not let me change my status or availability. I have to log into the app on my phone in order to update my availability/status. How do I resolve this? My status should update no matter which device I am on.

Hello there, My name is Indhurani, I’ll be happy to help you today.

It's possible that your laptop's settings are not syncing with the MS Teams app. Try signing out of the app on your laptop, then restarting your computer and signing back in.

Alternatively, you may need to reset the app on your laptop. To do this, open the Microsoft Teams app on your laptop, click on your profile icon in the top right corner, and select 'Settings'. In the Settings menu, click on the 'Reset' option and select 'Reset app'. This should reset your status and availability on your laptop.

Also, please try to clear the Teams cache: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteam...

If none of these solutions work, you can try reinstalling the app. To do this, open the Microsoft Teams app on your laptop, click on your profile icon in the top right corner, and select 'Uninstall'. Then, reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store.

Hope it will be fixed. Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Regards,
Indhurani

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi TeamsUser919, I'll be happy to help you. MS Teams will automatically change your status to "Away" when your computer enters in sleep mode or idle mode. The same thing happens with your PC when you lock it. MS Teams takes these signals as a proof of your unavailability and changes it according to your status.

If MS Teams program is running in the background of your device and you're not actively using it, although actively using other programs so your computer is not idle ,the status will still be changed to "Away" after five minutes.

For more information check this link below:

Warm Regards

Anirban Sarkar

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is not the issue. Teams on my laptop says "Away" even when I am active in teams on my laptop. The only way my status will update is if I log into the app on my phone.

85 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try a workaround given your current circumstance. Your coworkers can see your status message when they message you, letting them know that you are available at that time. You can accomplish this by clicking on your profile picture, choosing Set status message, entering any status message, such as "I'm available," and then checking the box next to Show when people message me. The time at which the message may be cleared is likewise programmable. Click Done to save the changes after setting it.

Warm Regards

Anirban Sarkar

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Still it is not working?

Have you reinstalled the Teams app?

Also, please check with Teams web: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-teams...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you! Clearing the Teams cache seems to have fixed this problem for me.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 94,449 Applies to: