MS Teams App creates wrong accounts

Hi team,

i'm using MS Teams app for android on a Google Pixel phone. I have two company accounts.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Once I added both accounts, MS Teams automatically creates:

which makes absolutely no sense. I could ignore that, but when i open the app, MS teams instantly prompts me to enter the credentials for those fake accounts which (of course) does not work since those users do not exist. Since the login prompt is triggered in a manner of <1s, I can't use the app at all. That is extremely anoying.

I can cure that issue by deleting all accounts, and then add only one account that i need to use at that day, but this is not acceptable.

I'm also using the most recent version and have reinstalled it. Further, with my old phone (Huawei P20), i've had the same problem.

What is the solution here?

Kind regards,

Tony

|

Dear 

Good day.

Thank for posting in the community.

We've received your query, and you can expect to receive response from one of our community moderator accordingly. At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you.

Best regards,

Inema |Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Tony,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

Based on your description, you're experiencing this issue with Microsoft Teams on your mobile device.

Since you have tried many ways, eg, re-installing the Teams App, and issue happened on more than one device, It can be some backend issues which cased the problem. In this situation, we suggest you contact the IT admin to open a service request with Miccrosoft technical support team: Use the admin account to go to Office 365 Admin Center-> Support-> New Service Request. The support engineers there have the correct escalation channel, and this is the most efficient way to report such issue. You can refer to this article to check the way how to raise a ticket: Ways to contact support for business products - Admin help. The engineers in related team have higher permission and resources than us to help check the root cause from background directly.

For your reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support.

Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 22 Applies to: