Missing the option of Register Teams as the chat app for Office in new Teams

Hi there,

I am facing a serious problem to have a "Register Teams as the chat app for Office" in new Teams, please check the screenshot for reference, the option is missing under Setting.

Please help.

Andy

|

Hi Andy, My name is Umar and I'd be happy to help you out with your question. Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. We are users just like you who help others. We are not employees of Microsoft. We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues you are facing an issue with the "Register Teams as the chat app for Office" option missing in the new Teams interface. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue: Check Permissions: This setting might be restricted for your account. You might need admin privileges to enable it. Contact your IT department or Teams administrator to see if they can enable the option for you. Check for any pending updates for Teams and your entire Microsoft 365 suite. Install the updates and restart Teams to see if the option appears. If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Teams. Please refer to the link below to the thread where similar issues were talked about: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/cant-select-register-the-new-teams-as-the-chat-app/f06c9636-9aa5-4a74-bd37-9f2ecbfc2fb7 For more information: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/31960/teams-register-teams-as-the-chat-app-for-office-se Please note: The above link I have shared is in English and may require translation software for them to read the content of the page. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Best Regards, Umar Majeed

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 4, 2024 Views 248 Applies to: