Microsoft Teams won't let me log on. Error code – 80040154

Hi,

My teams app on windows 10 laptop won't let me log on anymore and comes up with Error code – 80040154

I can log on to the app for my kid's school work just not for my personal email!

I have attached a screenshot of the error!

Thanks

Cerys

Hello, I am Thomas a member of the Microsoft community and a user like you.

I am very sorry that you are experiencing this kind of issue. Since your problem is from the MS teams client, I suggest signing in to the Teams web application to check whether you are having the same error message. Sometimes the issue may only happen in Teams desktop client.

https://teams.microsoft.com/

If in the web app, you could sign in correctly, I kindly suggest to clean the local cache and sign in teams client back.

To clean the cache Data, please press the Windows key + R to open the run window

Finally type &appdata% and then click on run.

- Now you will see a list of programs which are installed in your system. from this list, look up for teams. once you found the folder, click on it.

inside team's folder, locate the "cache" folder and delete all the files.

finally restart teams and try to log in again please.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for quick reply.

i've just tried the teams on web app and that isnt working now. its asking me to sign up, but on my iphone im signed into my teams account (personal that I use for work meetings from home)

if i try and sign up on the web it says i cannot do personal and only as an organisation?

thanks

cerys

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. This seems to have started 2 days ago when there was a Windows Update. I get the same error. I am a free Teams user, but get meeting invitations from paid clients who have over 1,000 paid Teams users in their account. The only work around I have is to open Google Chrome, copy the hyperlink froim the meeting and then it will open... or use my Ipad and click on the meeting invitation. Its very strange that my Ipad works by my windows platform does not.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are welcome, Cerys! according to DanielTech, an independent advisor of the community this occurs because you have signed up for the MS Team free personal account which can only be accessed from a mobile phone (at least at this time). As of the moment, in order to access MS Team free on a computer, you need to have an MS Team free organization account

Let me send you the link from Daniel's Thread :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/for...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2024 Views 4,511 Applies to: