Microsoft teams won't allow password reset

I have a non-work e-mail address which I have been added as a guest account as to multiple organisations' teams channels previously. I have recently been added on this e-mail by another organisation and I cannot join as when I go to join it asks for a password which I do not seem to have correctly. When I undertake the 'forgot my password' option, it says:

"You can't reset your own password because password reset isn’t properly set up for your organization.

You must 
contact your administrator to both reset your password and to check your organization’s setup.

SSPR_0011: Your organization hasn’t set up a password reset policy.
If you're an administrator, you can get more information from the 
How to successfully roll out password reset article. If you're not an administrator, you can provide this information when you contact your administrator."

The support code is: 0d4220fc-2908-45e5-8719-e4f8fb1c2e62

I have clicked the 'contact your administrator' link multiple times and it says:

"Your admin has been notified

Only your admin can reset your password. To assist you, we've sent an email to your admin requesting a password reset.
Note that this request could take some time to complete, depending on your organization's support policies. Contact your admin or helpdesk for any further assistance."

It has been many years since using this account and I cannot recall who the original organisation was to invite me on this e-mail, and there is every possibility that I won't be able to contact them for a password reset. There has never been a microsoft account associated with this e-mail address, and I can't currently make one with it, microsoft won't let me.

Please help, I've been around and around this every way that I can imagine.

Hi Duncan,

I'm Ahmed and I am here & happy to help.

I apologize for the issue you are experiencing with MS Teams. Please be assured that I will do my best to provide a satisfactory response and assist you with resolving the problem.

It's not really about the password reset at all, don't worry as long as your main account and previous Teams are working correctly.

The issue in such cases usually one of the following:

1- Corrupted Invite
2- From the other Organization issue with the settings
3- Your Teams Caches

- Please

-Please advise the Invitee to go through this Checklist to allow external user communications: https://learn.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/solut...

- Please ask him also to check the guest access Diagnostics:
https://learn.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/gues...

- Please ask him also to try to remove your account and then add you from Azure Active Directory:
https://learn.microsoft.com/azure/active-direct...

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Ahmed M.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for the reply. Before I go back to the invitee with those suggestions, I would like to point out that I do not have access to teams via that e-mail address, so your initial statement of "don't worry as long as your main account and previous Teams are working correctly." doesn't apply as I cannot access the teams under that e-mail address.

Does that change these suggestions?

BW

Duncan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Duncan,

Yes, it does!

You need first to restore your account access. Please try to open the main account in private window. If you still don't have access to the account, please you need to contact Microsoft support to help you restore it. As we here just users like you and don't have any kind of access on any kind of users data.

Wish you the best of luck with your issue resolution.
Ahemd
Ahmed M.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 1,381 Applies to: