Microsoft Teams will not start and stuck at "Loading Microsoft Teams..."

Good day,

I just downloaded and installed MS Teams (Teams_windows_x64.exe File version 1.3.0.15561 93.5MB) on my son's HP Laptop i3-6100U CPU @2.30 Ghz 6GB RAM running Windows 10 64-bit.  No other apps are running (I do have Microsoft 365 installed), however after the white window that says "Installing Microsoft Teams..." then switches to say "Loading Microsoft Teams" with the 3 counting dots moving, but that is all it ever does.  The screen never gets to the login screen (I installed the same on my wife's laptop which works fine as is on my desktop PC).  It just sits at that loading screen endlessly.

When looking at Task Manager, I do see the MS Teams process which has 4 sub-processes - 1 says Loading Microsoft Teams, and 3 says Microsoft Teams. None are showing any CPU % or Disk % usage.  The only items that show activity are Memory (105MB total) and 0.2% GPU

I have already uninstalled 3 times, removed everything from %Appdata%\Microsoft\teams directory after each uninstall and rebooted several times after each. Result is the same after each install attempt.

As a point of reference, when trying to run Teams, the current overall CPU usuage is only 30%, Memory is 52%, Disk is 6%, and the laptop is running over wifi and does connect to internet (as I tested Edge and it works fine, as does Outlook and all other Office apps.

Please help?

Thank you

-Michael 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Micheal,

May I first know what kind of Teams are you using? Teams for free/ Teams for Education/Teams for business?

For the Teams desktop client issue, you can also try to clear Teams Windows credential to see if it helps for your situation, and you may follow the steps below:

1) Click Win, enter "Manage Windows Credential" to open Credential Manager.

2) Under Windows Credential tab, find all credentials starting with "msteams" and Remove.

3) Restart Teams to check.

If it still doesn't work, we may need collect some Teams logs to further investigate and see if we can find more valuable information for your problem. I will generate a private message for you then you can share Teams logs in a private and secure way. Please kindly check the email notification later.

We do appreciate your cooperation and kind patience.

Regards,

SD

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Shawn

Replied to your msg. Thx!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

and teams for free btw.

Again works on my desktop as well as another separate laptop (not my son's)

thx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Micheal,

May I first know what kind of Teams are you using? Teams for free/ Teams for Education/Teams for business?

For the Teams desktop client issue, you can also try to clear Teams Windows credential to see if it helps for your situation, and you may follow the steps below:

1) Click Win, enter "Manage Windows Credential" to open Credential Manager.

2) Under Windows Credential tab, find all credentials starting with "msteams" and Remove.

3) Restart Teams to check.

If it still doesn't work, we may need collect some Teams logs to further investigate and see if we can find more valuable information for your problem. I will generate a private message for you then you can share Teams logs in a private and secure way. Please kindly check the email notification later.

We do appreciate your cooperation and kind patience.

Regards,

SD

Hello Shawn - still waiting for a reply to my Private Message response I sent last week.  Please update?  Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Perhaps someone else can assist here?  Please see thread.  I have not heard back from Shawn Deng in over a week now even though I provided logs screenshots etc. in private messages :(

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can I PLEASE have some sort of reply???  This is not good customer support :( !!!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Perhaps someone else can assist here?  Please see thread.  I have not heard back from Shawn Deng in over a week now even though I provided logs screenshots etc. in private messages :(
I need to escalate this case as I am not receiving any reply from support! :(

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I struggled with the same issue and found out that it was a problem with the Teams version 1.3.0.30866.

Lucky for me I had an old version, after installing the old version it starts working fine.

Hope this helps,

Dinesh

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I might have a fix!

NB: DO NOT install Teams as stand-alone app. As i understand it conflict with the one provided with Office via 'Teams Machine - Wide Installer'.

First check if you find C:\Program Files (x86)\Teams Installer folder with two file in ('setup.json' and 'Teams.exe').

If YES, this fix should work for you.

1) Unistall Teams and all the Office suite (mine is 365 provided by University IT but as i understand it should work also for other IT provided suite and for private licence)

2) Go to File Explore (or Win+R) and paste %appdata%\Microsoft\

3) Find 'Teams' folder and delete it.

4) Restart your PC.

5) Install again your office suite, login and update it (open Word -> Account -> Update Options -> Update now)

6) Restart your PC again.

7) If after restart Teams login automatically appear it should be fixed and just login. If not, follow the next steps

8) After you fully update Office, open File Explorer and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Teams Installer

9) Execute 'Teams.exe' and a new installation and login process should start.

10) ENJOY

59 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Micheal,

I had the same problem and founding no solution on web, so I tried on an other laptop and it worked. The only difference was that I uninstall internet explorer on mine. I looked for this way and find that :  https://www.collabmania.com/2018/11/26/microsoft-teams-modern-authentication/ 

Teams, very bad solution from devs i think, seems to use internet explorer settings and particularly Javascript and cookies. Since i install back Internet Explorer and allow JavaScript and cookies, it works on my laptop.

I hope my solution will work for you.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2021 Views 40,266 Applies to: